Dont all rush at once: Eupen powercable for sale

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by PBirkett, Sep 16, 2003.

1. PBirkett

PBirkett VTEC Addict

1-meter Eupen CSA power cable with silver contacts can be yours for the princely sum of £35 incl postage and packing.

What a deal! :D

PBirkett, Sep 16, 2003
  2. PBirkett

tones compulsive cantater

Well, I certainly won't...

tones, Sep 16, 2003
  3. PBirkett

PBirkett VTEC Addict

I think I know your feelings on this cable tones :D

PBirkett, Sep 16, 2003
  4. PBirkett

maddog 2

you've got pm Paul

cheers ;)

maddog 2, Sep 16, 2003
  5. PBirkett

liamjf

Paul, why are you selling this as you have been singing their praises recently ? :)

Liam.

liamjf, Sep 17, 2003
  6. PBirkett

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Liam, its surplus to requirements now (i.e. I no longer have any use for it). It used to be on the headphone amp, but now I have a Signals blackcurrent on it, which if nothing else is better just because its longer (the Eupen is only 1 meter so it was a bit inflexible for positioning for me). I no longer use my DVD as a transport as I have the soundcard, and the DAC is gone, and it makes no difference on the amplifier, or the PC, and I need the money to help fund a very expensive (£85) shielded PC power supply I've just bought.

Is that a good enough reason? :D

Maddog you have PM..

PBirkett, Sep 17, 2003
  7. PBirkett

timpy Snake Oil free!!!

Go on, use it on the PC, you know you want to.

Cheers

timpy, Sep 17, 2003
  8. PBirkett

PBirkett VTEC Addict

I've tried it actually Tim, doesnt make any difference whatsoever, which is a shame considering my PC is majorly suffering from RFI pickup - never had this problem with the DAC though :rolleyes:

PBirkett, Sep 17, 2003
  9. PBirkett

timpy Snake Oil free!!!

Hi Paul

Fair enough, I've heard tales of good results for power supply mods / cables to PC's, but mostly in the realms of speed rather than anything specific on the audio quality front.

Trouble with PC's is they generate so much RFI of their own, not just the SMPS bits, but also the PCI backplane polling (lovely aerial albeit low power fortunately), 133Mhz (more now) memory refresh etc. etc.

And inside a (sort of) faraday cage of a box. Fortunately it's all low power. Working in the realms of CE as we have done, any PC at all is lucky to be approved at all, and that's for interaction with things outside of it's box!! There's a sort of leniency towards them, otherwise no-one would be allowed to sell us one unless we all lived in a light industrial environment.

Ok slight exaggeration, because in the real world it's not a major thing, but to be fair, technically the jist is right. Good luck with the PS mate, what's going to be special about it?

Cheers

timpy, Sep 17, 2003
  10. PBirkett

maddog 2

another pm Paul ;)

maddog 2, Sep 17, 2003
  11. PBirkett

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Tim,

For all I know, and there is a reasonable probability of this, but it may not do any good at all.

Partly, it is a pre-emptive buy, I currently have 300 watts and I am told that this is teetering on the very limits of its capability when my hardware is taken into account. I dont have loads of hardware, but some is a bit power hungry - Geforce4 graphics, my new Terratec, a 7200rpm hard drive, 1 dvd rom, 1 cd-rw, a USB network adapter, a fan bay, 4 80mm fans to power from 300 watts - which is meant to be almost minimum required for an Athlon anyway, without all of that.

Also, PSU's have come on a lot lately (apparently) and are now shielded. The Zalman 400 watter I have just bought is apparently one of the best PSU's on the market, causing the least amount of memory errors of any PSU available, resulting in great stability, and is heavily shielded (apparently) from giving RFI, and very quiet.

I am possibly proposing another hard drive, more memory and a faster CPU later in the year, so I will need the extra power sooner or later.

PBirkett, Sep 17, 2003
  12. PBirkett

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Sold.

PBirkett, Sep 18, 2003
Ask a Question