EOS 20D - a first impression...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by I-S, May 1, 2005.

1. I-S

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

It was 6-7 years ago that those cameras hit the market, hence the price. They are out-performed in every way now by the 6k EOS 1DsII. Still, news agencies would pay those prices, but now they don't have to. As you'll know from computers, prices on bigger, better silicon only move in one direction. A pentium 4 chip with 1MB of cache on it is physically many times the size of a 4004, but can be obtained for less (in real terms adjusted for inflation etc). Producing a chip of the size and complexity of the P4 would have been unimaginable 20 years ago, so in 20 years time it might well be that making a full-frame 24x36 sensor is simplistic and cheap. However, it will always be cheaper to build a smaller one, and this can bring with it a smaller body, lenses, etc which may well sway the buying public that they don't need that big a sensor and sensors of the size of the 1Ds now will be regarded in the same way that 8x10 view cameras have been for many years.

I-S, May 3, 2005
  2. I-S

rsand I can't feel my toes

I have been using pro photographers for nearly 20 years and I don't think anyone uses 5x4" anymore I thing getting them processed would now be an issue. Meduim format was always the fashion/wedding photographers weapon of choice but again DSLR's have become the standard, the depth of field is deeper with digital (due to ccd size and lense plain?) but can be altered with photoshop.

rsand, May 4, 2005
  3. I-S

griffo104

Isaac

Great pictures - that's one hell of a decent camera. Great detail and the puppy looks fantastic

griffo104, May 4, 2005
  4. I-S

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Great pic's Isaac!

Hope to see MOre as you get MOre familiar with the new kit :)

MO!, May 4, 2005
Ask a Question