Eximus DP1 wins best product between $3,000 and $10,000

Discussion in 'Trade Adverts and Discussion' started by Igloo Audio, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Igloo Audio

Igloo Audio Trade Member

Technology that approaches state of the art!

It was only a matter of time before the Eximus DP1 at its level-headed £2k price would beat all others regardless of price. Here are some of the awards and quotes:-

The Absolute Sound
    "We Pick The Best Audio Gear of 2013"
    Editor Choice Awards: $3000-$10,000 / April Music Eximus DP1

HiFi Plus
    December 2012
    "Cut to the chase: the Eximus DP1 is no ‘me too’ product. It’s one of the best of the best money – any money – can buy. It’s an outstanding headphone amp, a fantastic DAC and a none-too-shabby basic preamp in one. If this is the future of audio, tomorrow’s looking damn fine!"

6 Moons
    Blue Moon Award 2012
    "April Music Eximus DP1 performs in the league of Igor Levin's €3.495 Antelope Audio Zodiac Gold and Mark Mallinson's $3.995 Resonessence Invicta but for headfi is first amongst these equals. In amp-direct use, it exceeds the Gold but lacks the convenient display and remote of the Invicta. Considering price, features, finish, and competition, it joins the Stello U3 in winning our publication's Blue Moon award."

Customer Review
    "My conclusion is that I am hearing digital music with less error from the equipment than I have ever heard before. It makes you realise that both standard CD resolution and higher 24bit resolution music has far more to offer than has been acknowledged in the past 20 years."

What do we think?
    Representing many brands doesn't make it easy to separate all the very good products from the sublime. Most products have a unique selling point or two, so no DAC is perfect unless it ticks all your boxes. Nor are DAC's equal in different systems, so it's always best to listen before you buy. However, that said, we personally feel the striking difference between the Eximus DP1 and many others is in its ability to communicate the music in a coherent, full bodied and involving way. It doesn't distract with stark detail or colour with artificial warmth, it simply delivers a sound that is remarkably natural and true to life.

Igloo Audio

Igloo Audio, Feb 26, 2013
Ask a Question