Extensive collection of Grammophone magazines from 1936!

Discussion in 'Classical Music' started by cookiemonster, Sep 22, 2003.

1. cookiemonster

cookiemonster

Pretty much complete (barring literally 2 or 3) from 1968 - 2001. Odd ones from 2001 - present. Quite a large selection stretching all the way back from 1968 to 1936. So in effect, 8 decades worth are represented. Considering their age, they really are in excellent condition. The pre-80s ones are slightly yellowed, but as far as i have been able to ascertain, and i have at least flicked through every magazine, if not read, all pages are intact, and the general condition is very good indeed, with few creases or bends. There are no cd's included, where applicable on the more recent ones. Some of the very old ones from the 30s are also surprisingly in what i believe to be very good condition also, and without having investigated myself, it is possible that these in particular are of some value. There are some interesting articles in these early ones and some amusing adverts from the period too. Anyway, due to the massive weight and size of all these mags, collection only, and thorough perusal of the mags is very welcome.

Hopefully they will be a great acquisition for a classical music fan, historian, or researcher.

More details available on request.

**Offers invited**
    cheers

cookiemonster, Sep 22, 2003
  2. cookiemonster

GrahamN

Ooh....yummy....

(what with contemplating this magnum opus and a TT I'm in danger of becoming a serious anorak like Rob Cowan)

GrahamN, Sep 22, 2003
  3. cookiemonster

cookiemonster

You may have to cut your concert going down to just the 300 days a year Graham to make time for all this new geekiness:D

4. cookiemonster

michaelab desafinado

Selling (giving away) your HF+/HFN/HFC mags aswel...

I see that the influence of marriage has been swift :D

Michael.

michaelab, Sep 22, 2003
  5. cookiemonster

sideshowbob Trisha

Yes, I was going to remind you about that. Something about "when the Proms are over" IIRC. :D

-- Ian

sideshowbob, Sep 22, 2003
  6. cookiemonster

cookiemonster

:D

Just having a clearout Michael, and they are deserving of a better home.

Plus, i don't like to flesh out my bones too much with stuff. It is bad for my metabolism.:)

Then just being nice with a few freebies:)

Its ok, the wife actually thinks i am insane for getting rid of stuff, as i do a lot, historically, if they are no longer used - she is a hoarder (of shoes mainly). And don't tell her some are free - that could be more shoe money for her:rolleyes: . I should stop getting 'surplus' things in the first place really. Must clamp down on my spontanaeity.

:)

7. cookiemonster

cookiemonster

SOLD :)

cookiemonster, Sep 26, 2003
Ask a Question