Feedback

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by MO!, Dec 17, 2003.

1. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I sent Mike a PM asking if he had anything lined up already as this has been mentioned elsewhere previously. He said it would be ok to just start a thread and he'll add some rules and such later.

So to get things rolling......

Seller: Rory

Item: Sennheiser 580 Headphones.

Feedback and comments: Very positive! :D Firstly thanks to Rory for being kind enough to not wait for the cheque to clear! This is obviously what the seller has the right to do, but Rory posted the senn's as soon as the cheque arived to ensure delivery before xmas. Top bloke I'm sure you'll agree! Well packaged and great condition.

Cheers :beer:

MO!, Dec 17, 2003
  2. MO!

michaelab desafinado

Cheers MO! I guess we'll see how useful or used this thread becomes. I'm not that keen to dig around in the innards of the vBulletin code to get something more formal (like AV Forums' "trader rating").

If you have a good or bad buying/selling experience involving another forum member then you're welcome to post it here :) . Please don't use this thread for having your latest eBay or Richer Sounds rant though ;)

Needless to say only give feedback on a completed transaction and if the feedback is going to be bad (I hope that will be rare) then make sure you've made some effort to resolve the issue and give details and justification. Things like "xxxx is a loser, don't deal with him" are not helpful. I don't want the thread to get into a slagging match between to people about some bad feedback :rolleyes:

On the flip side, to keep the thread as relevant as possible I would ask that people who've been given positive feedback don't reply unless you also feel it's worth giving feedback. Things like "Cheers mate, nice doing business with you" will just clutter up the thread.

Lets see how it goes....

Michael.

michaelab, Dec 17, 2003
  3. MO!

penance Arrogant Cock

Good idea Mo

Seller - Merlin

Item - 5M of Isolda

Comments - Good and friendly, waited for me to get WAF witch took a while, sent well packaged and quickly.

penance, Dec 17, 2003
  4. MO!

Rory satisfied

AT, Mo, WM

Amazin trade- cheque arrived very promptly
    Dev- money sorted v. efficiently
    Mo- cheque arrived again, very promptly, with a nice Xmas card!!

Wadia Meister- LAT cable I bought off him broke its soldered connections loose. Tony resoldered, plus cooked the cable and put on new heatshrink, all absolutely free of charge!!

Top stuff you four!!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2003
    Rory, Dec 17, 2003
  5. MO!

Goomer

Top idea Mo

Seller - cookiemonster

Item - Bedyerdynamic DT990's

Comments - Top seller! Great item and top packing/delivery - did everything he said he would do at the time he said it would be done. Even pointed out to me that it would be worth sending to my work address as would need signing for.

Dodgy american film reviewer praise, but 'two thumbs up from me' - nice one, cookie.

Goomer, Dec 18, 2003
  6. MO!

Dev Moderator

Thumbs up to HenryT, WM, Sideshowbob and Rory

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2003
    Dev, Dec 18, 2003
  7. MO!

michaelab desafinado

Seller: Gambit
    Item: Dynaudio Audience 42 speakers

Great stuff :) Sent them off before even seeing the money in his account. I haven't seen the speakers yet :eek: but that's because I'm in London and they're in Lisbon ;) but I've no reason to doubt their condition.

Michael.

michaelab, Dec 18, 2003
  8. MO!

maddog 2

how about having a mechanism on the forum to leave feedback about a member via their profile, like you have on Ebay. This would make it more accessible than a long sticky thread?

By the way I've had dealings with:

MartinC
    NOS-4-A2
    adam
    PBirkett
    common

and all have been excellent

:cool:

maddog 2, Dec 18, 2003
  9. MO!

voodoo OdD

Merlin : Tact Power Amp. Mint condition, great packaging. No worries at all :cool: .
    WM: Wadia 8 & Acoustic Zen mc2 XLR Digi. Communicative and quick. Buy with confidence :cool: .
    Henry T : Kimber Power Cables. Very quick and no :bs: . Thumbs up :cool: .
    Tones : Eupen Power cable. Quick, straight as a you like and true to his word :cool: .
    Cookiemonster : Bought some cables - OK FFRC (I'm curious as to what all the fuss is about :p ). Anyway - quick and communicative. Cheers Dino :guiness: . :cool:
    MichaelLab : LAT Digital XLR and Eupen Power Cable. Excellent service from our man in Portugal (I just hope his bank finally accepts the money I owe him :(. ) :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2004
    voodoo, Dec 18, 2003
  10. MO!

MartinC Trainee tea boy

maddog 2 : Audiolab 8000P : Bought almost exactly a year ago and still doing me very good service :cool:. Friendly guy to deal with.

HenryT : Kimber Powerkord : Cable in top condition posted really quickly. Would have bought a second if he hadn't sold them all...

MartinC, Dec 18, 2003
  11. MO!

Gambit Junior Vice President

Sorry, missed this thread.

Michaelab, as expected, transfered the funds to my off shore account. Much obliged sir ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2003
    Gambit, Dec 18, 2003
  12. MO!

tones compulsive cantater

I acquired a Meridian 588 and an EAR 834L pre-amp from Ian ("Sideshowbob"). Not only does the gentleman in question have impeccable taste in musical reproduction equipment, but he was also prompt and friendly in his dealings, he packed them well and despatched them promptly and I enjoy the fruits of these dealings all the time. In a word.:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

tones, Dec 19, 2003
  13. MO!

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

Positive Feedback for Rory

Item: Rotel RC 870BX preamp.

Item in very good condition and good working order.

Very good communications.

Thanks

amazingtrade, Dec 19, 2003
  14. MO!

HenryT

Wadia Miester

- Seller : Acoustic Zen Matrix Reference i/c, Acoustic Zen Silver Reference i/c, Omiga Audio Liberator digital i/c, Townshend Isolda DCT i/c, Townshend Isolda DCT speaker cable, Acoustic Zen Tsunami power kords, Audience AU24 speaker cable, Omiga Audio Outlander speaker cables.

- Buyer : SAT CDfix CD player

Badchamp

- Seller/Buyer: Acoustic Zen MC2 AES/EBU digital i/c

MartinC

- Buyer: Kimber High Current PowerKords

Voodoo

- Buyer: Kimber High Current PowerKords

Candle1966

- Buyer: MJ Acoustics Reference 1 subwoofer

Dev

- Buyer: MJ Acoustics Reference 1 subwoofer

Isaac Sibson

- Buyer: Marantz CD16

Midlifecrisis

- Buyer: Russ Andrews Kimber Powerblock

danzig66

- Buyer: Trichord Research Powerblock 1000

sdb123

- Buyer: Townshend Isolda speaker cables & Audience AU24 jumpers

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Positive feedback for ALL of the above members. Fast transactions, no hassles at all, great stuff. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2003
    HenryT, Dec 21, 2003
  15. MO!

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Great idea Mo, ok where do I start :rolleyes:

No particular order.....

Micheal B, monarchy upsampler and mods, hassle free, no grief very prompt payment true gent :)
    SCIDB, Townsehend Isoldas interconnects & Lat Digital cable, Dean straight bloke buy/sell with no worries at all.
    Timpy, a great trader, no hassle honest as the days long, total hassle free. wadia 15/cables/power leads/seimic sink
    Dev, chq very prompt, easy chap recommended :) Lat cables
    Merlin, again no hassle/worries bought and sold, deal with confidence
    Robbo, cables no hassles prompt & damn nice guy
    Lilolee bought and sold, a fairer chap you'll be hard pressed to deal with
    Cookiemonster cables bought and sold, top honest guy
    Graham N Meadowlark blue herons, superb
    Henry T, beyond reproach.
    Ya-boo Kevin ok (caution advised, has a habit of changing his mind on a regular basis, also has a habit of offering ludicriously low-ball offers £2k merchant F.U.), Monitor speakers GR20's and cables.
    Rory, Lat cable, prompt chq, good transaction no probs
    Ju2002 Seimic sink, again no probs at all
    Iaasc, cables no hassle cash up front spot on.
    Voodoo, a real gent even when faced with hassle, remained calm under pressure, deal with confidence, true gent
    If I've forgotten anyone sorry, pm me and I'll put it right cheers Wm

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2004
    wadia-miester, Dec 22, 2003
  16. MO!

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

WM - I've bought cables, Powerblock and will buy plenty more.

HenryT- Marantz CD16, no probs, very quick and patient with my impatience!

Cookiemonster - Bought Tara RSC from, sold two sets of FFRC to, no probs at all, top bloke.

Zoomer - Sold a set of speaker cable to, and in process of selling a camera lens to as well. No probs at all.

Goomer - Sold a set of FFRC to. No probs

Gerben - ditto

Sold FFRC to a fair few other people, so if I've not mentioned you, remind me and I'll put your name up.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2003
    I-S, Dec 30, 2003
  17. MO!

michaelab desafinado

Forgot to add:

WM, bought Monarchy upsampler and he also did my Teac T1 mods for me. All great value and no hassle :)

Michael.

michaelab, Dec 30, 2003
  18. MO!

cookiemonster

Many thanks to Anopax , pleasure to deal with you :) Picked up a Marantz CD5400 from me. Mrs Cookie made light work of the goodie bag :D I have now seen an apple with wings in the flesh, and added another item to my Amazon basket.

Isaac Sibson - Bought FFRC off him. Superb. and custom build too. Sold Tara Labs and Olsen power strip. Quick payment, no hassle. He's pretty handy with a camera too.

Michaelab - bought DAC20 off him. He brought it all the way from Portugal to my doorstep. Splendid. Top gent. Likes Grolsh (?spl). Does drive a beemer though.

Wadia Meister The guvner. bought power cables, i/c's and stuff. As smooth as a Wadia descending a jelly mountain. Excellent host too, and introduced me to a nice variety of crackers.

Timpy sold him a Lynwood Power supply. He was a gentleman. I was not so good. :( I got my facts wrong and charged him too much. Apologies. Owns lots of speakers.

sideshowbob bought a Pioneer tuner off me. Very good, cash up front, no problems. Also good for a bit of perspiration on the brain. Nice library also...and gets cookies in special. Why do you have to live in London :rolleyes:

Lilolee Bought and sold so much i can't remember. Champion. Always obliging. Travelled about a little to concerts and bakeoffs. He has more hifi equipment in his car, than most do in their house. Unfortunately he likes jazz, otherwise quite superb.

penance gave me some free cables. excellent. unfortunately i went and 'did a penance' not long after his own mishap. That bollox damn Pioneer. I should have listened to Robbo....

Robbo - haven't bought anything (can't remember) - his rig is a bit good now. very obliging with pizza and drink though. Doesn't like a nasty treble. He does some chemistry type stuff. Nice bloke

GrahamN - sold him a 'couple' of mags. Who more to appreciate them than the 'Boss' of concert going himself. Rings bells on the quiet. Enjoys jumping from heights. Listens to music louder than anyone (hehe), and can get a NAD c370 to steam at 3 o'clock on the dial effortlessly. I now know i like baroque. Top guy, makes nice nibbles. Also the jammiest bugger ever, with some ridiculous deal on a ginormous amp thingy.

dev sold mags, rack and cable. nice guy when we met, but also drives a beemer.

Carpchasser super friendly bloke, except when he is by the lake. Has a smelly freezer and must buy some more cd's. cheers Iain.

Batfink only had the pleasure of meeting once - didn't buy or sell, but he cost me £10 as the missus liked one of the cd's that he brought round.

Julian2002 never traded, but deserves a mention for the sheer size of vehicle which he drives. Would come to your bake, but i'm working.

Goomer Beyerdynamic DT990 from me. Super swift deal. Cash in my bank account - no problems. Many thanks

PBirkett Sold me some cans. Nice guy. Likes beer. Drives an old ladies car though. Must stop buying more equipment!!! ATB mate

SimonConnell The sale that never was. We had some confusion regarding the hand over. In the end it never got rearranged. Mutual breakdown in communication. No gold star. This guy has some nice vintage gear.

Sid and Coke sold him some Rothwell Attenuators. Smooth transaction without hassle. Also father to some fantastic step by step DIY instruction, which is the best i have seen.

Dean Fernando Bough some cables off him. No problems V.good. He has shed loads of PS2 games IIRC.

Technobear Sold me some cables. Very swift and hassle free. This guy has no TV!! Well done - if only i could convince the wife.

Lordsummit Sold him a Rotel RCD991. Very good indeed. Many thanks. Was one of the last remaining commited members of the tape round circle.

There are others which my poor memory cannot serve me with at the moment, and many others from various fora and so forth. If you give me a kick i'll post up. Thanks to each and every one of you. Some have let this cookie into your homes, and i have had the pleasure of meeting many pleasent and interesting characters. I won't be trading with you again, and am now completely hifi-less, but hope to keep in toucch with some of you, and i might pop my head up in the chat/music forums occasionally.

ATB
    cheers
    Dino

:cookie:

cookiemonster, Jan 3, 2004
  19. MO!

Dev Moderator

Hi Cookiemonster,

Just got the rack and what can I say except that it must be my best buy ever:D. Thanks very much Dino.

Dev, Jan 6, 2004
  20. MO!

PBirkett VTEC Addict

:eek:

Not for much longer though ;)

PBirkett, Jan 6, 2004
Ask a Question