First AV thread ? (Ducks for cover)

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by voodoo, Jun 20, 2003.

1. voodoo

voodoo OdD

Given that [most of] my gear will be going bye bye in a few months I'll be after a high quality integrated Home Cinema amp.
    The new spangly Denon and Pioneer jobs are a bit expensive (>£2,500) but are rather tasty. I'm after something in the £1,500 to £2,000 region.

Any ideas ?

At present my HC gear is Rotel and their 'House Sound' has always appealed to me (for AV stuff ;)).

voodoo, Jun 20, 2003
  2. voodoo

lowrider Live music is surround

I couldn't find your gear in the kit thread...

But, there is no such thing as a high quality integrated Home Cinema amp, at least if you consider the sound... :rolleyes:

Is there a possibility to integrate stereo with AV... :confused:

lowrider, Jun 20, 2003
  3. voodoo

voodoo OdD

Sorry Antonio, I've just loaded it up :D.

http://zerogain.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=356#post356

Basically I'm purchasing a TACT RCS 2.0 pre and S2150 power amp and getting rid of all the Rotel gear. The integrated won't be used for music.

I'll be using the S2150 for the front two channels of the AV set up though.

voodoo, Jun 20, 2003
  4. voodoo

michaelab desafinado

What about the Rotel RSX-1065 ?

Don't know how much it costs though but I think it's in the £1500-£2K region. There's also it's less powerful brother the RSX-1055.

Antonio, I think it's just as possible to have a high quality integrated AV amp as it as an integrated stereo amp. There isn't that much out there though as at the higher end everyone has gone processor and amps separately - largely, I imagine, not so much for the sound quality but because it lets you upgrade the processor without changing the amps which is quite good in a field that's still rapidly evolving.

If Tag were to make a single box which had the AV32R DP and 100x5R (or whatever it's called) together in it I bet it would sound pretty good :)

Michael.

michaelab, Jun 20, 2003
  5. voodoo

I would either get a TACT surround, or a good AV processor with the stereo Tact connected to the front channels...

Keep the RB993 for the center and surround, I used to have one until I bought the Brystons, nice kit...

lowrider, Jun 20, 2003
  6. voodoo

Michael,

TAG identified the problem, and shoul send me a new DP next week, from what I heard with the "faulty" unit, plus what people who's opinions I trust, say, it is a killer, I am looking forward to have you listen to it soon, I think it will surprise you, as it did me... :MILD:

lowrider, Jun 20, 2003
Ask a Question