Freedom Of Opinion..

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by nando, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nando

nando nando

ARE WE, OR ARE WE NOT ALLOWED TO VOICE OUR OPPINIONS ON BRITISH FORUMS ? UNLIKE U.S., SPAIN AND OTHERS. has this gone mad, ? or maybe we should keep our mouths shut.

nando, Nov 6, 2006
  2. nando

Dev Moderator

It has nothing to do with freedom of opinion Nando. With respect, we have only heard your side of the story and no doubt the mod will express a slightly different view. We simply cannot be the adjudicators of any arguments that took place elsewhere. We are busy enough on this site! We accept that any forum's mod will have the last word so if that mod made a decision against you, there is nothing we can do. It is his forum after all. What does this have to do with freedom of speech? This is not a democracy. It is a privately run Internet forum run by the owner's rules.

Dev, Nov 6, 2006
  3. nando

Markus S Trade

With all due respect, Dev, I'm kinda with nando (and Richard) on this one. I think they should have the right to tell their side of the story (once of course, not in every other thread), James can tell his side if he wants to, he's a member here after all.

This has nothing to do with bringing arguments from other forums over here IMO, it's just relating an experience.

Should an argument develop here and the participants forget their decorum, a thread can easily be locked.

Markus S, Nov 6, 2006
  4. nando

Dev Moderator

I sort of agree Markus, but we have already covered this ground. All I see is a repetition. I'll discuss this with the other mods and if they agree, I'll reinstate the deleted posts.

Dev, Nov 6, 2006
  5. nando

nando nando

dev, no disrespect, but correct me if i am wrong, but is it not the use of a forum to say what "sometimes" in a very nice kind of way, allthough quite humorous to what you think ? without anybody getting upset, i apollogise if i have offended anyone but mod. from w.w. did not think so. it wil be nice if we can all have a bit of humour whith out hurt, after all that is what FORUM means in latin, best regards ,nando.

nando, Nov 6, 2006
  6. nando

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

Any internet forum, no matter its nationality, is subject to moderation by the admin and appointed moderators of that forum. There is no enshrined freedom of speech when you are a guest of someone else's forum. Where you do have (and I will always support) freedom of speech is on your own webpage, hosted on your own servers using your own connection. In any other situation you are subject to censorship by your ISP, by your hosting company, your government... in fact a great many people. Your ISP's terms and conditions, for example, will probably include something like "agree not to transmit or cause to be transmitted obscene or illegal material".

As for Zerogain's policy regarding arguments from elsewhere, the reasons for that are many. You have a personal disagreement with someone else that comes to some sort of conclusion elsewhere. Bringing it here makes the forum seem unpleasant and argumentative unecessarily. If you want to sort out a personal disagreement with an individual, talk to them.

Zerogain has been subject to legal threats in the past and I've no doubt will be again in the future. Bringing arguments from elsewhere can lead to the threat of lawsuits which is a burden that admin are quite happy to do without. Since no sort of subscription is demanded by Zerogain, it doesn't seem unreasonable to hope that people might abide by the policies of the site.

I-S, Nov 6, 2006
  7. nando

nando nando

i agree to disagree,DEV, please close this thread as i like this forum very much and would not wish it to be an scape goat for otheers narrow minded views,sorry best regards.nando, i now wish this thread to CLOSE,.

nando, Nov 6, 2006
Ask a Question