FS Bel Canto eVo 2 power amp - SOLD SOLD SOLD

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Elberoth, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Elberoth

Elberoth

FS a MINT condition Bel Canto eVo 2 power amplifier.

Asking 1100 GBP which is about 1/3 of the retail price (3000 GBP). The price is fair and FIRM. Shipping is included in the sale price.

Not a scratch, manuals. No original box, but will double box for safe shipping.

I have a perfect feedback on both e-bay and AudiogoN under the name Elberoth2. We can use those sites for increased security, provided that the buyer will cover e-bay costs.

The eVo2 is Class A rated in Stereophile. It is 120 watts per channel into 8 ohms and puts out 240 watts per channel into 4 ohms. They bridge mono into a fully balanced 400 watt mono amp that puts out 700 watts into 4 ohms. These are Maggie 3.6 and 20.1 nirvana.

Reviews have been off the scale good.
    Here are some quotes:

"This amp accomplished miracles...Call it a miracle, call it a steal or call it a dream. This is the Bel Canto eVo4 in a nutshell-and it's not a dream."
    Dan Dzuban, Stereotimes

"Regardless of price or of underlying technology, the Bel Canto eVo power amplifier is one of the best on the market. Its bass performance is state-of-the-art. Its high resolution and lack of grain are exceptional."
    Kalman Rubinson, Stereophile, March 2001

"Anyone who plans to assemble a top-flight, no-holds-barred home theater system simply must audition the Bel Canto eVo2...Need a superb amplifier for your new space-age system? Welcome to the 21st century of digital amplification-the age of the eVo2."
    Steven Stone, Stereophile Ultimate AV, September 2004

"This time, though, the hair stood up on the back of my neck. This is what our hobby is about, and why I keep seeking the holy grail of perfect music reproduction! At the end of the song, Alison's voice again slows, tapering off to complete a song drenched in the emotion of lost love, but I had found my new love in the Bel Canto eVo2s...
    If the eVo2's only advantage was its lack of heat, it would be worth consideration for that reason alone. The fact that it sounds better than amps costing twice as much makes it a keeper in my book."
    Ed Morawski, Positive Feedback Online, Issue 14

"The Bel Canto eVo2's represent a new level of signal purity and musicality that few can match..."
    Clement Perry, Stereo Times, January 2003

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2008
    Elberoth, Feb 17, 2006
  2. Elberoth

Elberoth

Price drop - now asking 990 shipped.

Elberoth, Mar 22, 2006
Ask a Question