FS Kef Q35.2 speakers

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by lordsummit, Sep 6, 2004.

1. lordsummit

lordsummit moderate mod

In dark apple I reckon the nicest finish. Cracking speakers that also have the waf. I've got the boxes and spikes and metal jumpers etc, although I used them with jumpers and biwired.
    £160

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2004
    lordsummit, Sep 6, 2004
  2. lordsummit

lordsummit moderate mod

bdoing

Might accept a sporting bid

lordsummit, Sep 16, 2004
  3. lordsummit

mr cat Member of the month

could you supply some links / photos of these..??

also, are you able to buy a matching centre speaker..?

are they any good for AV too..? please see my sig for what I've got...

I'm in the process of upgrading my speakers!

edit - I'm on the north east too.....so, a quick drive to your place for a test (if ok!) should be ok...!

I've also noticed that you're man city fan, so, I guess you live ion that area...? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2004
    mr cat, Sep 16, 2004
  4. lordsummit

lordsummit moderate mod

Right I'll see what I can do.....
    Haven't got any pictures to hand of them at present, but if you want over the weekend I could do some.
    They aren't made anymore, so you would be looking round for a second hand one, but they definitely made one. There is of course the older series and a newer one you could look at for that
    I've done a bit of googling, and have dug out these

Reviews

Mine look much like these

[​IMG]

Have found a centre on Ebay, in black sadly Centre speaker

Or there's an apple one here which is the same colour as mine, but this is a series 3 one apple one

I have got the grills and the boxes. Paul managed it to my place in about 90 mins from Newcastle.. I could probably organise something if you wanted to hear them. I'm near Rochdale just off the M62. Just let me know

lordsummit, Sep 16, 2004
  5. lordsummit

Heath

The Kefs are shielded and wide imaging, which makes them ideal for AV use - makes them easy to position and you don't need to sit dead centre to get good surround sound.

Any of the Kef centre speakers should work well, although the Q95C was the intended partner. (I don't think it was available in anything other than grey, so you won't find one with a matching veneer). The Q9C replaced the Q95C (i think).

My brother in law uses Q35s for front and rear speakers in his system with good results. He's currently using a B&W CC6 centre that worked well with his old Sony amp, but he's just upgraded to a better amp and the mismatch is more noticable. Your current centre speaker may be OK until you find a Kef at the right price - although some AV speakers may have received thorough thrashing, so I wouldn't buy without hearing it first.

Personally, I'm using a pair of Kef Q50 'S' speakers (which are the older Q50s but with upgraded drivers) with a Kef Reference 100C centre and have no thoughts of changing.

Heath

Heath, Sep 16, 2004
  6. lordsummit

lordsummit moderate mod

Will take £160, or I'll throw in 4x 2.5m silver anniversary for the asking price

lordsummit, Sep 18, 2004
Ask a Question