Glenn Croft Charisma X Mk2

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by karelfd, Apr 26, 2006.

1. karelfd

karelfd

Finally made it to the Forum, and a good day to all!
    Does anyone have some thoughts to share on the Croft Charisma X Mk2, in particular its MC phono section?
    I need to upgrade my phonostage at some time, the signal source being a Transfiguration Spirit III. Would anyone say the MC section in the Croft is at least as good or would beat a separate phono pre-amp in the Tom Evans Microgroove+ (which is the main contender if a go for a new separate phono pre) league?
    I had the opportunity to hear the Croft Charisma X's line section in a kit consisting of the new Naim CD555/555PS, Croft Twin Star IV power amp and Harbeth 40 monitors and it blew me away (I guess, one might want to expect that for the total price tag of the gear).
    I realise, a related problem could be that if I go for, say, the Microgroove+, the signal will be fed into my T+A P1530 pre, and that doesn't seem to stand very much of a chance against the Croft.
    Any comment very welcome!
    Karel

karelfd, Apr 26, 2006
Ask a Question