Gryphon Adagio CD Player

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by m9dlh, Aug 9, 2004.

1. m9dlh

m9dlh

This legendary cd player has the best sound I have heard from a cd player. The build quality is astounding. I have compared the sound to the Mark Levinson 390, Audio Aero and Wadia models. Overall, I found the Gryphon to be more of an all rounder.

The unit is in a totally unmarked condition and is about fourteen months old. It has only been used lightly as it is part of a bedroom system. The player comes with: both original boxes; remote control; polishing cloth; foam packaging and power cord i.e. everything it came with when new. There are no dings, scratches, dents or any other marks of ant type. The unit is indistinguishable from when it was new.

The technical highlights are: -

Four stereo 24 bit/96 kHz Digital-to-Analog Converters in a Dual-differential topology.
    Upsampling to 24bit/96kHz for enhanced sonic performance
    True class A, fully discrete analog circuits with no negative feedback
    Two custom-built, temperature-compensated crystal oscillators with better than 5 parts per million accuracy
    Separate custom-built C-Core transformers for left and right analog sections for total isolation from digital noise
    12,000 microFarad power capacitor banks per channel
    Completely isolated power supplies for digital section and transport/display
    True Dual Mono Configuration
    Ultra-short signal path with minimal Internal wiring
    Modified dual digital servo transport with fixed pick-up mechanism
    Multi-layer printed circuit boards for minimal noise and optimal signal transfer
    Balanced analog outputs with PCB-mounted gold-plated Swiss Neutrik XLR sockets
    Single-ended analog outputs with PCB-mounted gold-plated WBT phono sockets
    Balanced 110ohm AES/EBU and 75ohm S/PDIF digital outputs
    Layer of bitumen inside cover for effective resonance damping
    Fully remote controlled operation
    Designed and built in Denmark

For a description of the unit, please see the following links:-

http://www.gryphon-audio.dk/content/product.asp?ProductID=8

http://www.gryphon-audio.dk

The CD player retailed for £4,500.

If anyone would like to ask any questions or request the photos of the actual unit that I have taken, then please e-mail me at [email protected] or call 01744 601361.

Cheers,

Darren.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2004
    m9dlh, Aug 9, 2004
  2. m9dlh

m9dlh

This is a great bargain for a cd player that is in as new condition and sounds as good as it does.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2004
    m9dlh, Aug 14, 2004
  3. m9dlh

m9dlh

Now on E-Bay. Please follow this link:-

E-Bay

m9dlh, Aug 21, 2004
Ask a Question