Had my first warning on saturday night - My life style needs to change

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by amazingtrade, Jul 24, 2006.

1. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

Basicaly my business has been picking up so I have been working lots of anti social hours and walking miles in between jobs in sourching temperatures, on top of that I have been doing some plumbing at my grandmas and going off to get parts and also doing 10 miles a day on my bike.

Saturday night I had my usual amount to drink, left the pub felt ok just a bit tipsy, then collasped, couldn't get my breath, had to get an ambulance. Basicaly they said I suffered a panic attack because I haven't been resting. They said I needed to slow down.

I can;t really slow down my business but I have been out socialing 3 times last week, that takes it toll so I am going to cut this down to once a week.

I have been living like a stock broker this week and I am not cut out for it:)

Anyway I am using this as a perfect excuse to get back into HIFI and music, that never killed anybody:)

amazingtrade, Jul 24, 2006
  2. amazingtrade

MO! MOnkey`ead!

**** sake AT! Stop posting about it and get on with it then!!!

Not just an excuse to get back into HIFI and music, you're not going to get any fitter sitting there listening to tunes (though I'm sure someone will have a link or something saying that you burn X aMOunt of calories listening to tunes ;) ). Stick your music on your portable and get working on that belly!

MO!, Jul 24, 2006
  3. amazingtrade

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

AT you like to share and thats good, so give us a run down on you.

garyi, Jul 24, 2006
  4. amazingtrade

Heavymental

How old are you AT!? I know you're young so thats pretty worrying. Cut down on your drinking ffs and stop pssing your life away!

Heavymental, Jul 25, 2006
  5. amazingtrade

Levi_501 Its in The Jeans...

Mens Health magazine, always a good inspiration.

Just be thankful it was only a warning.

Levi_501, Jul 27, 2006
  6. amazingtrade

mr cat Member of the month

yeah, what was that..? - 6-10 pints..??

cut that down if you can - or at least start drinking red wine :D

mr cat, Jul 27, 2006
  7. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

I am 23, I have been ill all this week, today is the first sign of feeling better.

It was a combination of lots of things, I had 8 pints on saturday :). The heat, drink, some food which made me ill the day before, stress (been working 12 hours a day before), lack of sleep etc.

I've done very little this week and I feel a lot more relaxed, hopefully next week I can get back to normal and let my business recover again.

amazingtrade, Jul 27, 2006
  8. amazingtrade

lhatkins Dazed and Confused

Hi AT, sorry to hear of your problems there.
    I'd say cut down on, or even change the drink 8 pints is a lot, and what of, rocket fuel (Stella?).
    The heat probably dehydrated you and the drink would have hit you harder than you may have realised.
    23! your a spring chicken compared to some of us, heck I could only dirnk 6 pints back then, I've since given up drinking pints, no longer agrees with me.

lhatkins, Jul 27, 2006
  9. amazingtrade

PBirkett VTEC Addict

I had a panic attack years ago. My mother called the doctor sometime after christmas (lots of drinking, unhealthy eating, not much sleep etc), and their advice - breathe into a paper bag.

You might have some kind of anxiety problem. I know I do a little bit. I deal with it by trying to make sure i'm well hyrdrated and get enough sleep (at least 8 hours). I still drink a lot and party hard on weekends, and it doesnt seem to do me much harm, which i put down to being relatively good through the week.

Its caused by being run down, and being overly worried / stressed. Work to eliminate those and you'll feel better.

Dont worry about it though. I've only had 2 ever, and its when i've been like that. First time was worst because i didnt know WTF was going on. Second time I did. I just lied down and went to sleep. Look after yourself and you'll be fine. Worry about it and it'll happen again.

PBirkett, Jul 27, 2006
Ask a Question