Half-Life transfer??

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by badchamp, Jan 6, 2007.

1. badchamp

badchamp Thermionic Member

Would like to have Half-Life on my laptop but can't be arsed to play through the game again to get to where I am on my PC.

Thought I could copy my last save game from my PC to my SAVE file on the new laptop installation but it doesn't seem to work.

Anyone got any suggestions

Thanks
    Jeff

badchamp, Jan 6, 2007
  2. badchamp

Sgt Rock

3. badchamp

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I've not played a game on my pc for quite a few years, but was thinking of giving half life another go.
    From what I remember, I gave up on the level where you seem to be transported to some meteor type thing with no apparant way off. Done my tits in for a while then never bothered touching it again.

MO!, Jan 7, 2007
  4. badchamp

badchamp Thermionic Member

Thanks for the link Sarge. All sorted now :)

Mo,
    Haven't even got that far yet:eek: am still climbing out of the Blast Pit :D just dont really get the time to play PC games nowadays.

Jeff

badchamp, Jan 8, 2007
  5. badchamp

jay

you obviously weren't as addicted to it as I was! I've played them all, great game. hl2 has left me a little cold though...just doesn't have the same feel as the first few...

got addicted to team fortress for a while there too.....hmmm...don't play anything now. probably a good thing!

jay, Jan 12, 2007
  6. badchamp

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

Jay you have got to be having a giraffe?

HL2 is fantastic have you completed it? The part where you have to deal with five of those tripod things actually got me scared haha.

I am looking for something similar now. GAME in town is shit for PC games you think you hvae something like F.E.A.R get to the desk and realise its an expansion pack, grrr.

garyi, Jan 13, 2007
  7. badchamp

jay

not saying HL2 wasn't good. just not as good as the first ones, you know how it is - first time and all. the original HL was a bit of a genre breaker/creater. i'm still a little nervous about walking down dark corridors ;)

bought and played them all the way through including the latest expansion pack.

jay, Jan 13, 2007
  8. badchamp

unclepuncle

Have to agree - the original Half Life (well the first ten levels anyway) are the best bits of single player computer gaming ever in my opinion. Shame the last couple of level on the alien planet were so shit.

Half Life 2 is still absolutely tremendous, but other than the graphics and physics it's a bit of 'been there, done that'.

However, with Half Life 2 comes Counterstrike:Source which is about my only reason for living. If you haven't played it you haven't lived. If you do play it then make sure you try the University of Teeside Servers 40 players - awesome stuff.:gatling:

unclepuncle, Jan 13, 2007
  9. badchamp

jay

I think I took a "break" at that stage. It was sooooo different to the first 10 levels. It was quite challenging but just strange! I suppose that's what it was supposed to be like!

Hmmm...might have to give that a go. Sounds like a big time suck though!

jay, Jan 13, 2007
  10. badchamp

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

I havn't tried that either, I think you buy it online through the steam thing yes?

garyi, Jan 13, 2007
  11. badchamp

MO! MOnkey`ead!

From what I remember, that's where I lost interest. I think I've also got HL2 somewhere, or possibly an expansion. Will have to dig them out.

Along with Deus EX, they're about the only PC games I own. Oh, and sim city :)

Other than them if I'm playing games it's as a social thing with mates such as pro evo soccer.

I did complete a couple of the Res Evil games on PS, and got an unexpected PSP with GTA for xmas though.

MO!, Jan 13, 2007
  12. badchamp

jay

How you finding it Mo?

I bought one in the US with a few games last Nov and played it a bit. Put it down. Played it a bit. Put it down. At the moments it's down but I did play GTA VC enough to get to the other Island. Would be a shame not to continue!

;)

jay, Jan 13, 2007
  13. badchamp

unclepuncle

It comes included as part of the retail version of Half Life 2 - or you can buy it seperately for about $19.95 from Steam.

You need a decent broadband connection and a pretty decent PC to run it smoothly, but as long as you can run Half Life 2 then this should work fine.

unclepuncle, Jan 13, 2007
  14. badchamp

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I've only spent about 15 min's on VC. I've MOstly been playing Pro Evo 6.

The PSP itself has impressed me a lot. I'd never really looked into them, and was suprised to recieve it. I've got a 4 hour train journey
    on MOnday which I'm quite looking forward to :)

MO!, Jan 13, 2007
Ask a Question