Happy happy!!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Gromit, May 11, 2004.

1. Gromit

Gromit Buffet-blower

Please bear with me...I'm having a bouncing round the room happy hi-fi moment. :D

Finally picked up the Sugden today - managed to track down an orginal 1970 model A21. I'd heard one driving my little ProAcs very recently and was really surprised at how well it did so - only the owner was in no way going to get rid of his amp.

Anyway...got home, plugged the old girl in (phnar) and let it sit for 30 mins to get those heat sinks nice and hot.

Stylus hits record...gobsmacked. This amp's over 30 years old and it truly kicks *rse; so detailed, so 'right' and so damn bloody musical. I am one seriously happy boy.

12w/channel?? Bwahahaha!!! Bob Florence Big Band never sounded so good (not in this living room anyway). :)

Sorry...I'll go quietly now... :)

Gromit, May 11, 2004
  2. Gromit

penance Arrogant Cock

Nice one bloke:)

penance, May 11, 2004
  3. Gromit

TonyL Club Krautrock Plinque

A fabulous little amp - one of my friends has one and it really is superb.

One of hi-fi's closest gaurded secrets is the A21's bigger brother, the A51 power amp dating from the 60s. 25wpc class A and looks like some piece of bizarre 50s lab equipment, it even has a rubber handle on top. The same guy who has the A21 has one with a LP12 and Densen DM10 preamp up front into Spendor 2/3s - a really great system.

Tony.

TonyL, May 11, 2004
Ask a Question