Hart Kits - John Linsley Hood - Construction Manual Please!!

Discussion in 'User Manuals, Service Manuals and Schematics' started by MisterKevster, Dec 2, 2019.

1. MisterKevster

MisterKevster

Would very much like to find the construction manual for the Hart Audio Kits "John Lynsley Hood", model K1100 Audio Design 80W amplifier, which was available in 80s and 90'
    The following link opens a page from Wireless World ('95) ...and the manual is referred to halfway down, and in the Left Hand Column!!
    https://www.americanradiohistory.co...ireless-World-1995-11-S-OCR-OCR-Page-0046.pdf

Please make an old man very happy!!! :)

Kev/Leeds

MisterKevster, Dec 2, 2019
  2. MisterKevster

Arkless Electronics

I don't know if this will be any help to you but although I don't have said manual I am very familiar with the design and can repair it or even finish building it if need be.

Arkless Electronics, Dec 5, 2019
  3. MisterKevster

MisterKevster

Hi Arkless!!
    Kits were built in 80s/90s...but are now being 're-assembled' by me, following extensive cleaning....you wouldn't believe the state they were in when I got them last week.
    As it happens...I've just got hold of the manual today (scans!)....
    I 'think' that one of the toroidal transformers might be 'fried'...so might be on the lookout for one of those...its a 50-0-50 300VA....any thoughts!?
    Kev/Leeds

MisterKevster, Dec 5, 2019
    Rob Stew likes this.
  4. MisterKevster

Arkless Electronics

If the toroidal is fried then it will blow mains fuses instantly at switch on and with the transformer not even powering anything. A good way to check then is to disconnect the secondaries from the rectifier and then check that fuse remains intact and that you are getting roughly 100V, AC centre tapped, from the transformer.
    50-0-50 would be too high a voltage but for the regulated PSU that can be used with these.... be sure it is not the regulated supply that is faulty! Also obviously if having PSU problems then check rectifier and smoothing caps.
    50-0-50 @ 300VA is a common type and should be readily available.

Arkless Electronics, Dec 6, 2019
  5. MisterKevster

Rob Stew

Kev

I built TWO 100W mono LH Harts back in 80’s. IM USING Meridian 508/504 and 502 preamp. Been great. HOWEVER. One is playing up with a ticking. I thought somewhere in the attic I had circuits and build manuals but can’t find. I’ve just put Meridian 555 in meantime whilst I resolve issue with a friend who built them with me. Any chance of access to info you have.
    Cheers Rob Chesterfield

Rob Stew, Dec 10, 2020
  6. MisterKevster

MisterKevster

Rob....you're welcome to the info I have....but you may be out of luck.
    I've got versions of the manuals from '89 and '93.....but these are for the 80w Mosfet amps....never heard of the 100w kits!!?

MisterKevster, Dec 10, 2020
  7. MisterKevster

Rob Stew

Thanks Kev. Maybe 80W into 8ohm as you say its the mosfet ones. Been so long.
    Could you email ?
    [email protected]
    Thanks.

Rob Stew, Dec 10, 2020
  8. MisterKevster

Rob Stew

HTW In meantime I got hold of Meridian 555 whilst getting sorted

Rob Stew, Dec 10, 2020
Ask a Question