hello i'm rory with a speaker cable issue (sorry)

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Rory, Aug 23, 2003.

1. Rory

Rory satisfied

after 2 years of faithfully chasing Nordost Flatline gold, and later (and currently) Blue Heaven, enough is enough. My vocal imaging problem is down to the speaker wire!!
    I am currently loaning some TCI King Cobra stuff, which images a LOT better than the Nordost Blue Heaven, but the bass seems a bit muddier and not as well extended. This loan set is also 4m long, as opposed to 1.5m long for my old Nordost. Could this affect it?

So, any suggestions for people familiar with Blue Heaven or King Cobra, for a cable that images as well as TCI but has the bassic (sorry :D ) qualities of Blue Heaven?

Price mark- £30ish p/metre

thank you one and all

Rory, Aug 23, 2003
  2. Rory

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Hi Rory

Forum favorites are isolda/electrofluidics/goertz as every man and his dog knows! (sure you know that too).

A few weeks ago you posted up a link to a shop (I think it was you at any rate) for someones query...

On there, they unbelievably had some second hand Goertz sets for £50-£100 !!!

That is ridiculously cheap.

IME and IMO these variants of cable are the best thing Ive heard sub £400.

NB
    You might want to check with Plinius that your amp will be happy with the impedance characteristics of the cable, see www.alphacore.com for more details.

NNB
    If you cant find the link, let me know and I'll rack my brain and try and remember which thread it was in.

Cheers
    Chris

NNNB Thanks for the remote! :D

bottleneck, Aug 23, 2003
Ask a Question