Household product

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by The Devil, Jan 29, 2004.

1. The Devil

The Devil IHTFP

Say goodbye to stubborn stain misery - just a couple of drops of Hutton liquid, pop the garment in on a hot wash, and it comes out good as new! Amaze your friends, etc.

The Devil, Jan 29, 2004
  2. The Devil

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Yes, it's the new and improved version with whiter whites & cheeser grins :D Garanteed to remove any imprefections, shame it didn't work on Blair :rolleyes:

wadia-miester, Jan 29, 2004
  3. The Devil

julian2002 Muper Soderator

i'm sorry, but what was the point of the entire hutton enquiry thing? other than to give some of the 'boys' something to do and a big paycheque of course. it strikes me as a gross waste of taxpayers money to have an enquiry after the fact when the only outcome that can be found is one that vindicates the people asking for the report. politics - a load of old balls if you ask me.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Jan 29, 2004
  4. The Devil

timpy Snake Oil free!!!

Excellent.

Unfortunately it's all too true. Much more refined than your normal common all garden "whitewash".

Cheers

timpy, Jan 29, 2004
  5. The Devil

penance Arrogant Cock

LoL

penance, Jan 29, 2004
  6. The Devil

sideshowbob Trisha

Any enquiry that doesn't start with the proposition that the government must be lying is obviously flawed from the very beginning.

Poor BBC. It's about to be thoroughly neutered.

-- Ian

sideshowbob, Jan 29, 2004
  7. The Devil

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I've only followed this loosely, but it's amazing how thick *they* think *we* are. One day the guy's a weapons expert, a top man in his field, and now he's being portrayed as nothing MOre than an imcompetent fool with no idea. amazing!

I'm sure I represent the majority of my generation when I say I don't trust politicians in the slightest!

MO!, Jan 30, 2004
  8. The Devil

The Devil IHTFP

The government quite clearly agreed & fixed a policy of leaking the name, but in a 'passive' way by letting the press know that if they, the press, came up with the right name, it would not be denied by the government....And that is, by some sort of logic, said to be NOT revealing the name? What the press did, naturally enough and as the government hoped, was to reel off a series of likely names before they came to "Dr David Kelly?"

Amazed.

The Devil, Jan 30, 2004
  9. The Devil

TonyL Club Krautrock Plinque

The question everyone should ask themselves is: Who do you trust more, Tony Blair's government or the BBC? The answer to that one pretty much removes any credibility of the Hutton report. The fact that the government chose the operating parameters of the enquiry and the judge to host it should pretty much remove any credibility they have left!

Apparently throughout UK history there has never been a enquiry hosted by a Law Lord that has criticised the government that requested it. A quite interesting fact IMHO!

Tony.

TonyL, Jan 30, 2004
  10. The Devil

mick parry stroppy old git

Tony

Do you actually like or trust anyone ?

Regards

Mick

mick parry, Jan 30, 2004
  11. The Devil

I like the BBC!

If I had to pick someone in government I trusted I guess it would be Robin Cook – his resignation speech was probably the most intelligent, truthful and credible thing anyone in this government has said about the whole Iraq incident.

Blair and his government are very obviously untrustworthy and corrupt, just look how Blair broke a clearly worded manifesto promise regarding top-up fees – what ever you think of this policy (and to be honest I don't think it is a bad one) the fact Blair lied and mislead the electorate is completely unforgivable. Despite your somewhat ill-informed protests to the contrary, this government has lied just as obviously on Iraq, and this is obviously a far bigger issue as it involves thousands of people who would very probably still be alive today had Blair acted differently and with more integrity. IMHO this government is corrupt and has blood on it's hands, simple as that.

Tony.

TonyL, Jan 30, 2004
  12. The Devil

michaelab desafinado

I couldn't agree with you more Tony. What's perhaps more upsetting is the fact that I don't see any of the other parties doing a better job, certainly not the Tories who would only have been 10 times worse.

Come election time (I still have a vote in UK general elections) I will be forced to vote Labour as I have done since I was able. The constituency where my vote counts is Hammersmith & Fulham (the last place I lived in the UK) where Labour only have a tiny majority over the Tories so I don't want to give it to the Tories by "protest" voting for the Lib Dems :(

Michael.

michaelab, Jan 30, 2004
  13. The Devil

This is a point I have thought about long and hard. Despite being a longstanding Labour voter I can not vote for Blair and his government with a clear conscience, I refuse to be associated in any way with the Iraq incident.

The Tories are a total non-starter; I live in Merseyside, and like most here I can never vote for a party associated with Thatcher – I lived through the riots, and general destruction of the north during the late 70s and 80s that her policies instigated. It is simply not possible to seriously consider Michael Howard, he is after all the man who got half the country rioting on the streets due to the poll-tax etc. It is obvious to all that he has not changed - I always watch PMQs on the TV and he is still the snide, aggressive, opportunistic little man with no constructive ideas whatsoever that I remember from the past. A truly nasty piece of work.

The Lib Dems are just totally ineffectual – I think they mean well, but there doesn't seem to be any substance, and it would appear that they can't do basic arithmetic. IMHO Charles Kennedy doesn't have what it takes to argue his point, he is unfortunately a non-starter despite being at heart quite a genuine bloke.

So next time its either abstaining from voting completely or taking a punt on those Yogic Flying folks for me… they actually look pretty promising; they have no blood on their hands and seem quite happy and positive.

Tony.

TonyL, Jan 30, 2004
  14. The Devil

mick parry stroppy old git

Nice one Tony

You have a good old moan.

Regards

Mick

mick parry, Jan 30, 2004
Ask a Question