How do i change the jumpers to make trends TA10.1 a power amp?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by blackthorne77, Aug 30, 2007.

1. blackthorne77

blackthorne77

I was wondering how you change the trends ta 10.1 to a power amp (by bypassing the volume control)? It says to change the jumpers in J2. I dont know how to do this, i havent done a DIY stuff, but im sure its not real hard. Has anybody done it? Is there a guide online anywhere? Can you tell me how to do it? I basically need to know where J2 is on the board and what you need to connect between them a wire or other and does it need to be soldered there or not. Heres a pic of the board http://s2.supload.com/free/TA-10_002.jpg/view/

blackthorne77, Aug 30, 2007
  2. blackthorne77

Colin2040

Colin2040, Aug 30, 2007
  3. blackthorne77

ADPully

This is simple it takes 5 mins in total most of that is unscrewing the case all you need is a small philips screw driver and a pair of small pliers.

1/ Unscrew the 4 top screws on the case (2 front 2 back)
    2/ remove case top

The jumpers are situated to the LH of the volume pot they are inside white marking with J2 written at the LH outside

To change to power amp use pliers to pull off upwards all 4 jumpers I do this in banks of 2. When you have done this you will see 8 pins sticking up

Now using just 2 of the 4 jumpers you have just removed , fit them onto the middle 2 pins of the bank of 8 ensuring the 2 jumpers are aligned Parallel to the front panel.

With the front of the amp facing you you should have 2 unjumped pins on the left of the bank and 2 on the right.

replace the lid and Look after the 2 spare jumpers you now have

You now have a power amp.

ADPully, Sep 2, 2007
  4. blackthorne77

PSXmad2

Just to say that the best way to look after the unused jumpers is to place them over ONE of the exposed pins. Then they are there when you need them.

Regards
    Tony

PSXmad2, Sep 2, 2007
Ask a Question