Howdy from Oklahoma and Kansas, at least the green eastern portions.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by danielwritesback, Apr 26, 2017.

1. danielwritesback

danielwritesback

I just love this forum for its focus on how to enjoy music.
    The equipment discussions here, are different, not for the sake of the equipment, but for how well it puts out for enjoying music.
    Oh, that focus on enjoying music is so fantastic!

I don't have to be ashamed or ridiculed for enjoying music? Oh my gosh!
    Well, that's a huge difference!

I put in 9 years with the equipment; and, while I do like a wee little portion of the equipment, what I was actually after is enjoying music. In that time, I have manged tech level, not quite engineer. So, you should regard everything I say as opinion. Even after such a long time effort, I still do believe the purpose of the equipment is for enjoying music. And I think it would be *#@%! inefficient if the equipment didn't work for enjoying music. That continues to be my opinion.

Also, I happen to notice that the best engineers put out designs that measure finely AND never have a non-linear tone for audio. Same guys usually claim that they can't hear stuff. Consistently, time after time, excellent audio circuits incapable of non-linear tone. Well, if you do that every time, that I am of the opinion that you can hear. I love those guys.

The speaker designers: They must have suffered some labors to make such fine speakers. However, they do tend to ignore the fact that much more loading makes amplifiers perform poorly. And, they might not have been briefed that amplifier guys prepared some (not most) amplifiers to work pleasantly linearly with the loads necessary for fine speakers. Sure, that does exist; however, it would be more doable had they used the phone.

Indeed, most of what I will say, will look like opinion. I don't value agreeing with me. A difference is of great value, because then I get the urge to go check it. If you agree with me, I learn nothing, but it is pleasant for 4 minutes! If you disagree with me, then I have to manage being graceful during learning--I will do the best I can for that, will encourage you do do it more often (there can be a request on doing it more informative as soon as I learn what that is), and I will utterly defend your right to disagree with me so long as it has been, even in the least bit, informative on how to do better.

P.S.
    The available buttons say "Create Thread," "Upload a File," or "Preview" none of which I had in mind. MODERATOR! HALP! I just don't know how to operate this. Always feel free to crop, edit, or delete my post if it seems there was an error. As for now, the path forwards seems "Create Thread" even though I wasn't up for that.
    Well, I just wanted to say howdy, and if you need a whole new thread for that, now you've got one, 'cause I'ma push that button.

danielwritesback, Apr 26, 2017
  2. danielwritesback

Ian

Hey Daniel, welcome to the forums :). What's your current audio setup?

The create a thread button was the right one to make an intro post - now you get your very own message to say hello in :D.

We've got a "showcase" section which may be of interest, as you can post a photo of your gear along with an explanation/description, so that others can see your setup. Here's a link: https://www.audio-forums.com/showcase/

Ian, Apr 26, 2017
  3. danielwritesback

danielwritesback

Thanks for that.
    However, I can probably manage any equipment needed. It isn't fun without the need of it. What I found especially charming about this forum is the focus on music. It seems that most of the people here are after what does better for music. What they avoid is bs, specs and distractions from music. I really love that the primary goal is music. The entirety of specs for doing the best for music have not yet been developed. Oh, sorry, that statement is not quite true. All that data does exist, with plentiful redundancy. It isn't the case of being too poor, but rather the opposite. I might not live long enough to distill it down to making a convenient phone app to push the button and have the answer. It isn't like being lost in the desert; but, I daresay it is like being lost in the mall.
    Be mindful of the hot fellow walking the tux cat on the red leash, in the mall.
    That is free, but the cat does bite.
    It is also how audio works.

danielwritesback, Apr 26, 2017
Ask a Question