I got given a TEAC VRDS-10 CDP last night..

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by DavidY80, Apr 23, 2004.

1. DavidY80

DavidY80 Long Member

..does anyone know anything about this model? I haven't listened to it yet. Is it worth anything?

DavidY80, Apr 23, 2004
  2. DavidY80

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

Very nice.... how did you blag that? Tell you what, I'll give you a tenner for it. :D

Seriously though, it's worth about £300 now. Excellent VRDS mech and copper chassis. Makes a superb Transport, as it is exactly the same as the VRDS-T1 transport but with the addition of a DAC board. Otherwise the two players are identical inside and out. Not sure how the DAC in it performs.

I-S, Apr 23, 2004
  3. DavidY80

DavidY80 Long Member

Isaac,

Thanks for that. My borther-in-law had some problems with the drawer sticking, got it repaired and then decided to upgrade anyway, so he gave it to me.:)

I'll try it out this weekend and see how it compares to my old CD-63. (currently undergoing surgery with a new clock and PSU to the DAC.)

Dave

DavidY80, Apr 23, 2004
  4. DavidY80

Will The Lucky One

You've been *given* a VRDS-10, man some people get all the luck! :D Nice one :p

:MILD:

Will, Apr 23, 2004
Ask a Question