Imogen Cooper

Discussion in 'Classical Music' started by flash, Feb 2, 2005.

1. flash

flash Two ears: two channels

Did anyone hear the piece on R3 (CD Review) on Saturday re Australian pianist Imogen Cooper?

Played extracts of two 3CD box sets, assembled by Philips courtesy of several different labels. I have an eclectic taste in music to say the least, and classical music is part of the mix, but this was spellbinding. And that was only on the car radio! Parked up and listened to the end.

Touch on the piano was so light, I've never heard anything like it before. I thought when I heard the first sample it might be a lucky strike like so much else (you know, that great track which makes you buy the CD only to be disappointed by the rest), but everything I heard was excellent.

Have ordered one of the box sets and eagerly await its arrival.

Nigel

flash, Feb 2, 2005
  2. flash

Coda II getting there slowly

Halfway through now, but till 2pm:-

"Stephanie Hughes presents this recital from Wigmore Hall by distinguished British pianist Imogen Cooper ."

R Strauss: Waltzes from Der Rosenkavalier
    Schoenberg: 6 Little Piano Pieces, Op 19
    Deirdre Gribbin: Decorated Skin
    Chopin: 2 Nocturnes, Op 62
    Chopin: Polonaise-fantasie, Op 61

Radio 3

Coda II, Feb 7, 2005
  3. flash

djc

Just got back from this concert. A very enjoyable way to spend a lunchtime, the Schoenberg and the Nocturnes went particularly well. I must say I thought her tone was a little hard at times, but perhaps the Wigmore Hall piano was having an off-day. You can judge here

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2005
    djc, Feb 7, 2005
Ask a Question