Iron Maiden - Dance Of Death Tour 2003

Discussion in 'General Music' started by ilockyer, Jul 25, 2003.

1. ilockyer

ilockyer rockin' in the free world

In case anyone here's interested, Iron Maiden are hitting the road here in the UK in December, mainland Europe prior to that. This is in support of the Dance The Death album, due Sept. 8.

Tour dates from www.ironmaiden.com.
    Tickets onsale Wednesday 30 July.

December 2003
    Mon 1st - Dublin - The Point
    Wed 3rd - Newcastle - Telewest Arena
    Thu 4th - Nottingham - Arena
    Sat 6th - Sheffield - Arena
    Mon 8th - Glasgow - SECC
    Tue 9th - Manchester - MEN Arena
    Fri 12th - London - Earls Court Arena
    Mon 15th - Cardiff - Arena
    Tue 16th - Birmingham - NEC

ilockyer, Jul 25, 2003
  2. ilockyer

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Up The Irons!!

hehehehe

I got my copy of 'Somewhere In Time' last week - what a throwback. Id forgotten how lyrical and melodic the lead guitar is in Maiden of that period. Reminded me of why I liked it so much...

From Number of the Beast, to Somewhere in Time was the period I liked them.... I'd go to a gig, but I think there would be too much later stuff that wouldnt be recognizeable for me..

Hasnt bruce dickinson left now anyway, to become an airline pilot?

Theres a scary thought when you're flying happily on easyjet!!

Chris

bottleneck, Jul 26, 2003
  3. ilockyer

Bruce Dickinson rejoined the band just before they recorded the excellent Brave New World album in 2000. The current line-up is:

Bruce Dickinson - Vocals
    Janick Gers - Guitar
    Adrian Smith - Guitar
    Dave Murray - Guitar
    Steve Harris - Bass
    Nicko McBrain - Drums

ilockyer, Jul 26, 2003
  4. ilockyer

In addition to the UK dates, European shows are now announced as well. Just browsing through their website, seems as though this is the last arena tour they'll do. Here's the European dates and further information!
    ------------------------------

Having just played 28 shows to 700,000 fans on the “Give me Ed…til I'm Dead†European Tour, Iron Maiden announce their forthcoming DANCE OF DEATH WORLD TOUR to follow close on the release of their new studio album, DANCE OF DEATH, which is scheduled for worldwide release on 8th September.

The European leg of the tour starts in Prague on 22nd October and will finish in the UK just before Christmas. Details of the UK dates will be announced shortly and the rest of the European schedule is as follows -

Wed 22 Oct - CZE Prague T-Mobile Arena
    Fri 24 Oct - GER Munich Olympiahalle
    Sat 25 Oct - GER Stuttgart Schleyerhalle
    Mon 27 Oct - ITA Milan Filaforum
    Tue 28 Oct - ITA Firenze Palasport
    Thu 30 Oct - SWI Zurich Hallenstadion
    Sat 1 Nov - SPA Barcelona Pavello Olympic Badolona
    Sun 2 Nov - SPA Madrid Palacio Vistalegre
    Tue 4 Nov - GER Frankfurt Jahrhunderthalle
    Wed 5 Nov - HOL Rotterdam Ahoy
    Fri 7 Nov - POL Katowice Spodek Mystic Festival
    Mon 10 Nov - FIN Helsinki Hartwall Arena
    Wed 12 Nov - DEN Copenhagen Valby Hallen
    Fri 14 Nov - SWE Stockholm Globen
    Sat 15 Nov - SWE Gothenburg Scandinavium
    Mon 17 Nov - GER Hannover Eilenriedehalle
    Tue 18 Nov - GER Berlin Arena Treptow
    Thu 20 Nov - BEL Leuven Brabanthal
    Sat 22 Nov - FRA Paris Palais Omnisports de Bercy
    Mon 24 Nov - GER Dortmund Westfalenhalle
    Wed 26 Nov - GER Hamburg Sporthalle
    Thu 27 Nov - GER Leipzig Arena Leipzig
    Sat 29 Nov - FRA Nancy Zenith

The tour will then continue through mid-March taking in South America, North America, Japan and other areas.

Says founder member and bassist Steve Harris “We are having a great time on the “Give Me Ed ... 'Til I'm Dead Tourâ€Â. Its fun playing material from Brave New World back to the early eighties and certainly judging from the reactions and the amount of people showing up at the gigs it's been fun for the fans too!! We are really proud of the new record and are very much looking forward to playing a number of the new songs along with some other stuff we haven't played for a whileâ€Â

However the DANCE OF DEATH WORLD TOUR will herald a major change in how the band tour in the future as this will be the last long arena tour the band will undertake. The band will certainly continue recording and touring for years to come but as manager Rod Smallwood says “We want to explain this carefully and at length to our amazing fans so there is no confusion and because they deserve a full explanation. After Spring 2004 the band will not go out on the road for up to nine months touring with an album as we have up to now. As a progression from the scheduling around the Give Me Ed and Dance of Death tours we will further break the album / tour cycle. Recording will be mainly in the winter ( then releasing the album when it is ready and appropriate) and touring in the Summer. We really enjoy the festivals and outdoor shows where Maiden fans congregate in numbers. There is a real atmosphere of community and this is something which really lifts the band.

Whilst arena tours will be a thing of the past, there may be occasional arenas in certain areas where a festival or outdoor gig isn't feasible. We know we have fans in many parts of the world who wish to see the band and we will try to spread out the shows as fairly as possible and play for as many of you as possible within these parameters. And although touring will be much shorter we could in fact be playing live more regularly, which the band also like the idea of .

We are announcing this up front of the DANCE OF DEATH Tour to be fair to fans who live in the cities we may not get to play in again and there will be a lot obviously on this forthcoming tour. We hope you understand and that you can still make it to see us in future. Since l started managing Maiden in 1979 we have played over 1700 gigs in many, many parts of the World. We have tried to get to as many of you as we could over the years and we know that many of you have travelled huge distances to come to our shows. Although we would expect to return to all the countries we play at some point we hope more of you will try to join us somewhere and enjoy the camaraderie of the Maiden travelling gang!!!â€Â

ilockyer, Jul 30, 2003
  5. ilockyer

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Just got my ticket order for Earls Court confirmed - first time there since Madge in 2001 :)

domfjbrown, Jul 30, 2003
  6. ilockyer

Yep, likewise. Thanks very much Earls Court!

Some discrepancies about ticket prices amongst the agencies (Ticketline.co.uk added £1.75 to the face value it seems, prior to fees), as per usual, so just went with Earls Courts own website. This is going to be a stunning gig!

ilockyer, Jul 30, 2003
Ask a Question