Is Parcel Force the worst courier?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by timpy, Sep 16, 2003.

?

Is Parcel Force the worst courier?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. timpy

timpy Snake Oil free!!!

Ah, the story I could tell.......

I could just smash the stuff up myself. But naturally it doesn't just end there, there's so much more they can foul up.......

timpy, Sep 16, 2003
  2. timpy

penance Arrogant Cock

na
    City Link are
    but Parcel Farce run a very close second

If they have damaged/lost your goods and give you grief tell them you want there ISO registration number and that you will take it up with ISO
    worked for me with shitty link

penance, Sep 16, 2003
  3. timpy

technobear Ursine Audiophile

Parcelfarce are absolutely useless. Whenever I want to order stuff on the net, I always look to see which courier will be used (or email and ask). If it's Parcelfarce, I send email telling the supplier why I'm sorry that I won't be ordering from them.

Chris

technobear, Sep 16, 2003
  4. timpy

timpy Snake Oil free!!!

Thy were mint speakers, with about 3 weeks use on them.

They left here in their original box, and they were in an over box as well, which had some nice padding in it. I'd sold them on ebay and their purchaser was looking forward to their arrival

Paid for Parcel Force 48, nice £15.60's worth. However when they had turned up the box was damaged, one corner had been crushed, and inside one of the speaker cabinets was split such had been the impact imparted to them. Closer inspection by the purchaser, revealed that the clunking he heard in one cabinet, was the mid bass driver magnet assembly, completely detached from the rest of the chassis ( :eek: ). Said free movement of the of the magnet had smashed one of the terminals off of the tweeter also. They were scrap.

The purchaser, somewhat disappointed of course, contacts me, I ask him to send some pictures, which he does, and I refund him via PayPAL that day.

So I file a claim, I claim the amount that they sold for + the postage. They say make the scrap available for inspection. This I arrange. No one goes to see it though, and when I chase them they claim that the nearest depot has 28 days to go and inspect, and if they don't, they will pay me anyway.

After 28 days they say that I have a cheque coming for the value of the goods (they don't refund the postage, which I think is a bit of a swizz in inself).

So today a cheque arrives. Is it mabe out to me? Is it bollocks. It's made out to my place of work. Now the only connection is that that is where they were picked up from. The company has never had an account, and indeed has never used Parcel Force to my knowledge. If I have anything to do with it, neither are they likely to.

So I ring up, and thay ask me to post the cheque back with a letter explaining, and in another 10 days I can have another one........ I wonder who that will be made out to? Obviously I'm now even further from happy.

Also why not refund the postage. I guess if it had all gone alright, I would have paid it anyway, and that are trying to avoid me from coming off better than I would have done. But what about the hassle, or the idea of compensation for postage for letters, telephone calls, and dealing with my customer?

I'll never use them again. Their service is too inconsistent, and the longwinded and inaccurate means of compensation has no place in a service industry.

Cheers

timpy, Sep 16, 2003
  5. timpy

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

Can members of the public use other couriers just to send one item? If so how does this work? I don't like parcel force either.

amazingtrade, Sep 16, 2003
  6. timpy

sideshowbob Trisha

In answer to the question, Amtrak are even worse. They've managed to lose two expensive deliveries to me (filched by a driver is my guess) and in both case took weeks to sort out the insurance claim. I now won't buy anything mail order if I know the company concerned use Amtrak.

-- Ian

sideshowbob, Sep 16, 2003
  7. timpy

penance Arrogant Cock

yes
    it works by phoneing them and asking them to collect at your address and deliver to the other
    simple;)

penance, Sep 16, 2003
  8. timpy

I have to send this dreamcast keyboard and royal mail are charging me £3.60 for it, do you think a courier will collect it for this little money?

9. timpy

penance Arrogant Cock

nope
    they will charge more, but it will be an overnight
    just use special delivery
    post office and parcel farce are infact different companies and the PO i have never had a problem with
    special delivery covers up to £250 insurance standard

penance, Sep 16, 2003
  10. timpy

Thanks, its my own fault for not allowing enough postage on ebay, I will be making 40p profit on the entire thing. Oh well at least I won't be short.

I've learn't my lesson.

11. timpy

technobear Ursine Audiophile

Just to redress the balance a bit...

Last Tuesday evening at about 9pm I ordered some bits and pieces from Dabs Direct. The following afternoon when I cam home from work, one of my neighbours came over with a parcel. Well you could have knocked me down with a feather. I was utterly gobsmacked.

When I got indoors there was a card telling me that the parcel had been left with this neighbour. The courier? It was none other than Parcelfarce!

Dabs did let themselves down slightly though by sending me an email the next day saying my goods were ready for dispatch and another a day later telling me they had left the depot - two days after I received them :rolleyes:

Chris

technobear, Sep 21, 2003
  12. timpy

avanzato

You can get cheaper courier delivery by using one of several online brokers:

Parcel2go Postvan Parcelflash

I've used them all and haven't had any major problems yet. Pacelflash and Postvan use Parcelforce for their delivery but you pay half what you would if you went direct. There is a thread on avforums about them and they all have off days. It comes down to the fact that there aren't any really good delivery services you just have to pay the least you can. You do have to be aware of the compensation rates and terms of the different brokers if you're sending valuable goods.

avanzato, Sep 24, 2003
Ask a Question