James Bond - Dr No

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Levi_501, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Levi_501

Levi_501 Its in The Jeans...

I was given a about 15 or so Ultimate James Bond DVD's including Dr No, this weekend was the first time I had seen it being a man, what can I say;

Ursula Andress, what a woman !

Watching the early James Bond movies with my father as a kid, all I remember was the cars and gadgets, but lets just say that has somewhat changed !

Levi_501, Sep 18, 2007
  2. Levi_501

midlifecrisis Firm member

indeed, and if Jane Seymour only means 'Dr Quinn, (aging) medecine woman" to you, you're in for another pleasant surprise with Solitaire in Live and Let Die

midlifecrisis, Sep 18, 2007
  3. Levi_501

Nic Robinson

Jane Seymour. Yum.

Nic Robinson, Jul 11, 2008
  4. Levi_501

D Louth 77

Hi Guys

What about Dianna Rigg in ON HER MAJESTIES SECRET SERVICE.very hot lady back then.
    I think this is one of the best Bond movies,and i love the bit at the begining when Bond is beaten up after helping Dianna Rigg on a beach. George Lazenby walks up the beach ,looks into the camera and says
    " The other fellow never had that trouble".

And another teenage crush was in that film too Catherine Schnell,any one remember Mia in Space 1999(second Season).

Regards D Louth

D Louth 77, Jul 17, 2008
  5. Levi_501

jadelee

Good actress, why?

jadelee, Jun 12, 2009
  6. Levi_501

MacReady’sShack Rattling shuddering LFE.1

I took this picture at the new PH! PH WTF! Yes Planet Hollywood has moved to Haymarket the original Planet Hollywood sign is still outside in the Leicester Square area but has sadly now gone and the new one just doesn't appeal to me not even for their cheapest soup! Sigh

I have only but a few in the collection. I'm not overly kin on the new versions for Dolby 5.1 some sound so fake like! I have Octopussy region 2 first edition Dolby stereo and the newly digital cleaned up version.

The sound on it had a few tail, tail signs of what a fake mix! Yes it was released in 70mm six-track Dolby stereo and I don't understand why they couldn't track down the original because I did side by side testing of both.

I'd prefer the first edition. Too bad its only Dolby stereo but that was the version I heard in the cinema on its release.

I recently saw The Spy Who Loved Me at the Empire Leicester Square April 20th one day only. It was a digital print that had some technical issues like edge enhancement that I noticed clearly front and centre row.

The sound was good up until around 60 minutes plus this was at the Cairo MI6 secret headquarters. The centre track went mute with ping-poning left and right of the dialogue then the centre came back on then went mute again leaving 80% on the right and 60% on the left with fogy like dialogue that filters onto the left and right.

If you listen to the early version first edition it does have a foggy dialogue on the left and right its very annoying. The mix doesn't cow up on the first edition.

Anyway for this reason its scared me off from buying anymore James Bond new digital cleaned up versions unless you can clarify with your GoldenEar its okay.

I guess Empire just got a dodgy digital print from Park Circus who was reasonable for the transfer.

It was the first time I had to get out my chair and bring a legitimate complaint to management. I must have missed 25 minutes of the film not amused!

I took few pictures that are posted over on Lansing Heritage site. Here's one of director Lewis Gilbert.

Now the woman in grey! That's not a woman. A bit deep on the voice must be a shemale? Yikes! :eek:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2009
    MacReady’sShack, Oct 17, 2009
Ask a Question