Joel

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tones, Jun 20, 2003.

1. tones

tones compulsive cantater

Could we induct Joel as Member of Honour, for services above and beyond the call of duty, or something like that? It's only a gesture (unless someone can think of some more tangible token of appreciation), but I think he deserves some sort of recognition.

tones, Jun 20, 2003
  2. tones

michaelab desafinado

To my knowledge he hasn't registered here yet...but I'm not quite sure what you're suggesting :confused:

Michael.

michaelab, Jun 20, 2003
  3. tones

tones compulsive cantater

Me neither! I was thinking how people in some professions (my own included) are awarded some sort of honorary status for distinguished service, e.g., life member or something like that. I like the concept, but I'm not sure what concrete form it would take.

Speaking of service, what should we be doing for you? Are there costs involved in running this thing? You are putting in the time and effort - should we the members not be supporting financially in some way? I for one would be happy to do so.

tones, Jun 20, 2003
  4. tones

michaelab desafinado

The only special outlay on my part has been purchasing the BB software which isn't very expensive ($85 a year). The domain and webspace I had before and would have anyway so I'm not counting that as a cost for ZG.

For the time being I'm fine but thanks for the offer. I'm more likely to need help with moderators and forum "management" :)

Michael.

michaelab, Jun 20, 2003
  5. tones

jshack

I would like to apply for the post of moderator.

Please let me know you earliest for an interview.

jshack, Jun 22, 2003
  6. tones

michaelab desafinado

Sorry mate - it's by appointement only :) In any case, there's currently no vacancy but I wish you all the best in your career.

Michael.

michaelab, Jun 22, 2003
Ask a Question