Jose Cura and the mezzo soprano

Discussion in 'Classical Music' started by Saab, Nov 20, 2004.

1. Saab

Saab

I love this chap,and in particular,his Samson and Delila

can anyone tell me anything about him,in particular,a good starter cd to buy?

and i once heard a radio interview that suggested that a mezzo soprano was the mutts nutts,is this correct? what is a mezzo soprano exactly? they can get the lower notes?

Saab, Nov 20, 2004
  2. Saab

tones compulsive cantater

Can't help with the supply of hexagonal female threaded tightenable members of canine species in general, but AFAIK a mezzo-soprano is simply a female voice with a range lying between soprano and contralto. Can't manage the stratospheric highs of a true soprano and can't go as deep as a contralto, but covers the best of both.

tones, Nov 20, 2004
  3. Saab

Saab

thought so,and damned fine this particular damsel is as well

Saab, Nov 20, 2004
  4. Saab

PeteH Natural Blue

I'd heartily recommend Gramophone Online as a source of CD reviews, searchable by artist - a Jose Cura set that might be an obvious choice is the Zubin Mehta version of La Traviata ("a Paris"), although the Gramophone review's not that hot - they tend to be enormously opinionated though, particularly when it comes to opera (if it wasn't recorded in 1950 it obviously can't be any good).

PeteH, Nov 20, 2004
  5. Saab

Saab

thanks,checking it out now

Saab, Nov 21, 2004
Ask a Question