Kef Coda 7 Repair

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by andrew1810, Jul 25, 2004.

1. andrew1810

andrew1810

Hello all,

Just managed to get a set of Kef Coda 7's off ebay for £10.

Only thing is, 1 is damaged and there is no treble (I knew before buying)

The seller thinks it may just be a matter of soldering the connectors back on but if the worst comes to the worst, would it just be a new tweeter? Does anyone know where to get them or an idea of cost?

Here is a link:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5710858428&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

Thanks

Andrew

andrew1810, Jul 25, 2004
  2. andrew1810

Sid and Coke

Many years ago i knocked one of my KEF Coda 7's off its stand whilst i was incredibly drunk and confused. In this process i cut my arms to shreds and punctured myself in several places on the ( evil ) upward facing spikes of my Atacama SE24's ( i only ever used Blu-Tac afterwards) and i also broke the binding posts off the back of the speaker. The replacement Crossover network ( with binding posts fitted ) cost me about £15, this was about 1998, when i was working abroad unaccompanied with no wife/family out there to 'Guide me'.
    I still have the speakers in the loft and have to say that the last time i used them about 2 years ago they sounded pretty damn good for such a budget design. Give KEF UK a ring, i seem to recall they where very helpful at the time.

Sid and Coke, Jul 25, 2004
  3. andrew1810

andrew1810

Ouch, sounds painful

Thanks for the advice, I will contact them if I can't fix the speaker myself

Andrew

andrew1810, Jul 25, 2004
  4. andrew1810

lordsummit moderate mod

Kef sent me a new tweeter on next day delivery. It seems to be a weakness with them I had to replace one on my Q35's. Yu will probably have to solder the joint, but it's a dead easy job, even I could do it

lordsummit, Jul 26, 2004
Ask a Question