Ketil Bjornstad- Rainbow Sessions

Discussion in 'Classical Music' started by kenneth cooke, Apr 2, 2007.

1. kenneth cooke

kenneth cooke

This wonderful project created by Ketil Bjornstad features well over 40 compositions from this superb pianist. I first came across Ketil Bjornstad on ECM. He produced 3 superb CD's with cellist David Darling, "Epigraph" is possibly the most accessable. This new 3 CD set features recordings made, CD 1 recorded in the Old Rainbow Studio in Oslo on the Rainbow Steinway- CD 2 recorded at the new home of Rainbow Studio on the same Steinway and CD 3 recorded at Rainbows new home on a newly chosen Steinway. All three CD's are recorded by Jan Erik Kongshaug who originally moved from Tallent Studios in Oslo to Rainbow and has been responsible for some of the finest recordings put out over the years by Manfred Eicher and the ECM label. These recordings are incredible it is only a shame that Universal did not think to issue them on vinyl. But even on CD they are a joy to behold.

kenneth cooke, Apr 2, 2007
  2. kenneth cooke

ListeningEar

WOW! There's a blast from the past. I bought Ketil's album The Shadow back in 1990, was something I heard at a friends audio shop at the time, must get it out and give it a spin.

...thanks for the reminder ;)

ListeningEar, Apr 6, 2007
Ask a Question