krell ksa 50 how good?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by batemansxxxb, Jan 27, 2005.

1. batemansxxxb

batemansxxxb

:) as you guys know by now i'm selling the krell ksa 100 on ebay,but i have a dilemma and would appreciate you guys comments/advice,i've been offered a krell ksa 50 in p/ex for the ksa 100,what's the 50 like? compared to the 100 and what's the price difference? :MILD:

batemansxxxb, Jan 27, 2005
  2. batemansxxxb

Ya-Boo

got the feeling we been here before :)

Ya-Boo, Jan 27, 2005
  3. batemansxxxb

Tube_Dude

Hi

As the KSA 50 and the KSA 100 have a identical circuit (the voltage gain stage is equal ) and the only difference , is the number of output devices ,2 pairs for channel for the 50 and 4 pairs for the 100.
    So , I expect ,that the 50 will have better sound quality, because the output stage will be faster... :MILD:

Jorge

Tube_Dude, Jan 28, 2005
  4. batemansxxxb

Ken

I agree with Tube Dude, I used to own a KSA 100S and still own a KSA 50S (I know not exactly the same as yours).

The KSA 100S is a great amp, more than enough power for most applications, with a very dynamic powerfull presentation, the KSA 50S is so much sweeter, with a better soundstage. IMO it is the nearest SS amp I have heard to a good Valve Amp.

However, the KSA 50S is not as 'good' as something like the Audio Research VT150's.

Ken

Ken, Jan 28, 2005
Ask a Question