KT 88 Triode 20 watt valve amp, AVC.

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Cloth-Ears, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Cloth-Ears

Cloth-Ears

Just a reminder to those interested parties, that this amp is now back on sale. I can't recall if I informed you here on Zerogain. I had been considering keeping it after all in place of my new Exposures, but I've decided the Exposures are great and I want to be practical and also integrate with av, so KT88 is for sale after all.

To remind you, earlier I had been careful to point out the bizarre situation with the company owner and his attitute to servicing of used products. Well, I sorted that out by agreeing the facility with Icon Audio, a similar but sane operation. There are others that would do it but these guys are in central England and seem reliable. You may be able to handle revalving yourself if you are trained.

The amp is fine now but will need revalving at some future point. Cost £100-150.

The new price for this top of the range KT88 Triode with huge transformers, is £1400. Mine is something like just two years old, according to the owner prior to me ( who like me had multiple amps and cd's ! ) I'm selling for just £500. I've seen one the same go on Ebay for £560 and in need of a valve change at time of sale, so this is good value. In fact the new price is great value. Consider what sort of silly money a product like this would be if it was an American import. How much would it be? It is Chinese sourced but the Affordable Valve Company do many things to it, fit expensive Svetlana valves and make sure everything is matched and tested. This is the top model. They advertise in the back of HiFi Choice and HiFi World regularly. You can see their website, but it is a bit of a mess. Here -

www.affordablevalvecompany.com

There are many variants but mine is the top "High End" model with shiny case and £1400 price tag. By the time your headache comes on you should maybe just find it.

There has been much said about this company on forums that I don't need to repeat but now with the servicing caveat sorted you can buy one without worry. At the price you are certainly not going to do better !!

Will those who previously expressed interest here please PM me so I know your current position and also when you expressed your interest. Anyone else interested, well this is an opportunity to get a low-high end valve amp with some practical power, on the cheap.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2005
    Cloth-Ears, Oct 14, 2005
  2. Cloth-Ears

Cloth-Ears

Easy folks, easy. Form a line now.

Cloth-Ears, Oct 18, 2005
  3. Cloth-Ears

lordsummit moderate mod

Not just Icon who would service it, in the north-west www.audiolabs.co.uk were brilliant, and do handle AVC

lordsummit, Oct 18, 2005
  4. Cloth-Ears

Cloth-Ears

Cheers for that Lordsummit.

Right now folks, hurry up and buy it.

Cloth-Ears, Oct 22, 2005
  5. Cloth-Ears

Cloth-Ears

SOLD.

Yet I have given the most amazing guarantees ever in the history of used audio.

Prompted by:

1)The notion that NEW valves might make a BIG difference.
    2)The purchaser gives the impression of impoverishment and also of great expectations.
    3) The honesty of a Cat, unlike you humans.
    4) The ability to think laterally as to solutions should the purchaser regret purchasing.

Cloth-Ears, Oct 29, 2005
  6. Cloth-Ears

SteveParsons

As the purchaser I'd back that up. Very generous terms & conditions.

A very cool cat.....

SteveParsons, Oct 29, 2005
  7. Cloth-Ears

Cloth-Ears

And that purchase was completed.

Steve communicated well. Business Post did a good job. Steve is pleased with his amp. I am pleased the amp went to a good home. It suits his JM Labs speakers. It is preferable to sell here rather than Ebay and know it has been a benefit to a forum member, who has expressed his delight. Feedback left by both of us.

Cloth-Ears, Nov 2, 2005
Ask a Question