Large Parcel - Posting advice.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MO!, Jan 31, 2006.

1. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Hi.

I'm going to list a kareoke machine on ebay. It's obviously quite a large box. I've seen a couple listed with postage for £10 or so.

The thing is, I've never posted anything like this before. How do I go about it? Just take it into the post office as normal? How can I find out the postage costs?

All probably simple questions, but I've never done it before.

Cheers

MO :)

MO!, Jan 31, 2006
  2. MO!

la toilette Downright stupid

If you know dimensions and weight of packed item you can approximate shipping costs at the two following sites:

http://www.parcelforce.com/portal/pw/home (click on 'price a delivery' at top right of page)

or I've sent stuff via these guys (DHL in disguise)
    http://www.parcel2go.com/

I prefer parcelforce just cos I can take a parcel to the PO rather than waiting home all day for the courier to turn up and collect it - although couriers tend to be much faster.....and often cheaper with parcel2go...

Local PO's do have a limit on the size of the parcel, but it's quite big and I've sent large items no probs..

Hope this helps a bit!

la toilette, Jan 31, 2006
  3. MO!

Uncle Ants In Recordeo Speramus

I've used these guys before now:

http://www.parcelfusion.com/

Basically they use parcelforce ... but are cheaper. £9.95 for anything up to thirty kilos so long as its under a certain size (don't know what size though) incl £150 insurance (I think its a fiver for every £500 over that ... I think). Same day pickup so long as you book before midday and a guaranteed 24 hour delivery.

Not 100% reliable, but then I've yet to find a courier who is and I've tried a few. They are the cheapest I've found

Uncle Ants, Jan 31, 2006
  4. MO!

andrew1810

I can highly recommend www.pharos-international.co.uk , they use UPS but only charge £10.56

I've sent 10-15 computers with them in the last month or two and have never had a failed delivery, they turn up at 10am on the day and deliver the next day (you can specify the earliest time to collect though)

Andrew

andrew1810, Jan 31, 2006
  5. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I take it these will collect from my door yeah?

MO!, Jan 31, 2006
  6. MO!

andrew1810

Yep, they all will.

Parcel2go varies from area to area, it depends on your local DHL depot, I never had problems here, but had something collected from London and it took 4 days for them to pick it up.

andrew1810, Jan 31, 2006
Ask a Question