LC Audio "Predator" PWM amp

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by michaelab, Feb 28, 2004.

1. michaelab

michaelab desafinado

http://www.lcaudio.dk/com/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Err....that's what I'm building, but it's not quite as neat and tidy and sexy looking :(

AFAIK they're using two toroidal xformers (one for each channel) and a much smaller PSU than the V4P one (from LC Audio) that I'm using. The core though - 2 ZAPPulse 2.2SE modules - is the same. They mention external sync option but I don't see it on the back panel but the ZAPPulse modules do have an option to have the pulse modulation clock driven by an external clock so that multiple modules can be sync'd which apparently can help with reducing noise.

The price is pretty reasonable since the parts are costing me around £700 alltogether. If mine works out I'd be tempted to add a third module to mine (there's space and a PSU reserves) and use it to power the centre and surround speakers in my AV setup and then get one of the ready made Predators for stereo.

Michael.

michaelab, Feb 28, 2004
  2. michaelab

Dev Moderator

Michael, where's the smilie for droooool?

How soon b4 u build it and find out what it sounds like?

Dev, Feb 28, 2004
  3. michaelab

michaelab desafinado

I'm back in London for 2 weeks on Monday but during that time the case I ordered from the US should arrive back home so when I get back to Lisbon (March 12th) I should be able to get cracking as I have everything else ready.

In theory it shouldn't take more than a couple of days to build it because it's just drilling a few holes in the case, mounting the various bits and soldering some wires to connect it all up. That's in theory :D .

In practice it's likely to take me a little longer, a week probably because I want to do a really good job and I want to document it with my camera. Towards the end of March is probably when it will be up and running barring any showstoppers or cock ups along the way.

Looking forward to it :MILD:

Michael.

michaelab, Feb 28, 2004
  4. michaelab

penance Arrogant Cock

I want what he was smoking:D

Seriously, Micheal i wait with anticipation to here what you think. I nearly went for building an LC audio amp, but my inbuilt paranoia stopped me:rolleyes:

penance, Feb 28, 2004
Ask a Question