Lentek Integrated

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by deafinonear, Oct 5, 2007.

1. deafinonear

deafinonear

First post from new boy Dave....
    Have just grabbed a Lentek Integrated amp and found it 'very very good' for an old timer, not very often a piece of vintage gear absolutely knocks your socks off! would very much like to hear from anyone with manuals or schematics etc and other owners. There was a thread or two awhile back especially from another 'Dave'?..........

deafinonear, Oct 5, 2007
  2. deafinonear

murray johnson

I believe it was originally the work of the people who later gave us the Audiolab stuff. Philip Swift & Derek Scotland. Might be wrong though. Battleship of an amp.

murray johnson, Oct 5, 2007
  3. deafinonear

SCIDB Moderator

Hi,

That is correct. I remember the Lentek amp and also the Lentek speakers.

SCIDB

SCIDB, Oct 5, 2007
  4. deafinonear

Bob McC living the life of Riley

actually it wasn't very good

Bob McC, Oct 5, 2007
  5. deafinonear

cooky1257

Hi Dave, I can't help with any manuals but do remember the amp to be pretty good actually-some old gear does surprise you doesn't it?-and usually for stupidly little amount of our hard earned too.
    Hopefully you'll learn to ignore the onanistic posters who just want to piss on your chips:)

cooky1257, Oct 6, 2007
  6. deafinonear

RobHolt Moderator

The Lentek was excellent and I'd imagine a well looked after sample still is.

It was disliked at the time due to the prevailing religion - nothing to do with performance.

The designers went on to form Audiolab and the famous 8000A is effectively a budget Lentek. It was also slated at the time by folk who ought to have known better, including reviewer Malcolm Steward who, at the height of his fla earth period in 1986 described it as one of the worst amps he'd ever heard.

He voted it 'Best All-rounder' four years later......

RobHolt, Oct 6, 2007
  7. deafinonear

anubisgrau

Lentek S4 was the first loudspeaker I was dreaming about before I purchased my first hi-fi.

anubisgrau, Oct 6, 2007
  8. deafinonear

MrGumby

Lentek S4 speakers available

Sorry to reawaken this but, if anyone's interested, I have a pair of S4's in spectacular condition. They have walnut cabinets and are in the original boxes, complete with the marketing flyer of the time (early 1980s). There is a Mission Cyrus 1 amp and Philips CD104 CD player too (not sure anyone would want the CD player, it was one of the very first, so primarily of antique value, but the amp's a beauty).

MrGumby, Jan 18, 2009
  9. deafinonear

spica

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2009
    spica, Jan 18, 2009
  10. deafinonear

Haselsh1 Shaun H

I remember the Lentek amplifier very well. Around 1984 the shop I was associated with at the time did a demo using this amp into a pair of KEF 105.4 speakers. Sadly, it was awful. The sound was totally dead and lifeless. The amplifier though looked very nice.

Haselsh1, Jan 18, 2009
Ask a Question