Lentek S4 loudspeakers - any info anyone??

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by mickeyt2, Oct 24, 2006.

1. mickeyt2

mickeyt2

Since there seems to be a vast font of knowledge running through this site (and besides I'm far too young!) can anyone help me out with some more info about these Lentek speakers I just picked up? I gather Lentek went down in the early 80s and was more known for amps than speakers but any more detailed info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Michael.

mickeyt2, Oct 24, 2006
  2. mickeyt2

jimmymcfarrell Anyone fancy a pint?

hi,
    These aren't the ones that went on Ebay recently are they? I had a pair of them for a bit. If I remember correctly they were listed in a 1982 hifi year book as being £300. I gather this was quite a lot but then I wasn't born until '85! It's an Audax tweeter but I never took the bass cone out. Maybe a Dalesford? They sounded tighter than a pair of RAM 200s I own (same tweeter, similiar bass but front ported) but the RAMs had the edge with the lower frequencies.
    And I think thats about all I know, hope it helps.
    Regards
    Tom

jimmymcfarrell, Oct 28, 2006
  3. mickeyt2

zanash

My .....ram's I had a pair of bookshelf monitors from 79ish my first decent set of speakers ...had a look for lentek info I've a review somewhere in a stack of magazines..if I find it I'll post.

zanash, Oct 28, 2006
  4. mickeyt2

RobHolt Moderator

There you go guys. Quite well regarded it seems.

[​IMG]

RobHolt, Oct 28, 2006
  5. mickeyt2

Msille

I inherited a pair of S4s from a former audiophile, have had them for 15+ years. The cabinets are scuffed but the sound is still tight. Just paired them with a H/K 330C receiver today. So far, so good!

Msille, Mar 25, 2016
  6. mickeyt2

marks35

Hello, I've managed to pick up a pair of these. Physically they seem in good condition, and one speaker sounds brilliant. Unfortunately one has an odd buzz vibration from the woofer cone. I've checked front and back and I can't see any tear in the cone, or anywhere the rubber surround has come loose. When I tip it forward it lessens, and when I place it on it's back it gets worse. Interestingly if I rest my finger and pull to the side gently in one spot it seems to fix it almost entirely. On both speakers when I push the cone gently there is a light scraping noise.

Any suggestions on what I could do to rescue this speaker?

marks35, May 29, 2019
Ask a Question