Linn Kan's dribbling from the driver for a pro

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by alanl, Feb 3, 2004.

1. alanl

alanl

Amp that is,

Found myself a big Yamaha pro power amp P-2200 240 watts per channel, this thing is big all 20kg of pure amp.

Stumbled across the amp in a studio last week doing nothing and offered the guy $400.00 the rest is history. This thing sings I'm getting bass from my Kan's that I had know idea they could offer with smooth clean mid's, high frequency's & plenty of PRaT. Just tells it like it is no sweet soft air etc. Just pure grunt & heaps of it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alan

alanl, Feb 3, 2004
  2. alanl

timpy Snake Oil free!!!

There had to be something that could make those little squark boxes sing, just by the law of averages. Glad you've found it. :)

Cheers

timpy, Feb 3, 2004
  3. alanl

Wingnut

Crikey, it looks like you could weld with that power amp!

It looks like you've got your Kans on spikes, mine only produce bass when I have them on blu-tac. Although, now I have an MJ Acoustics Pro50 sub so bass isn't so much of a problem anymore ;)

I still think the Kans (mine are Kan IIs) are a cracking speaker, on a good day there is nothing that can touch them.

Wingnut

Wingnut, Feb 7, 2004
  4. alanl

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Ive pointed this one out at the emporium a few times..

YAMAHA F2200 professional series power amp 200 watts per channel,big and heavy with grab handles, gain controls and vu meters 350

It says ''F2200'' I dont know if its the same.

Chris

bottleneck, Feb 7, 2004
Ask a Question