London Calling - DIY, Ultra-Fi et al Show in Spring 2005????

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by 3DSonics, Oct 1, 2004.

1. 3DSonics

3DSonics away working hard on "it"

Hi Folks,

A few days back people bemoned greatly how boring the "Big" London HiFi show just passed by was.

http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/ge...ges/346465.html

No matter what I think, they have a point. My first reaction was - well, if you want a "London Triode Festival" or a "London Noise" or a "Heathrow Audio Fest", go and make it happen. As I usually take my own advise serious I decided to contact Roy Bird at the Chester Group who run the "little" Heathrow Show in the Spring, the comming year 2/3 April 2005.

http://chestergroup.org/pr02.htm

Rooms and organisation at the show are reasonable (at cost), which I guess would make this show accesible to DIY Kit makers and the like, in a manner similar to the ETF and RMAF. After talking it over Roy is in principle interested and willing to incorporate a "Ultrafi & DIY" show into the Spring HiFI show.

Both the UK and near Europe (Benelux, Germany and France) have a vibrant and interesting DIY & UltraFi scene. Some of the key "Ultra-Fi" commercial Makers/Dsitributors in the UK are attending anyway, others might if the Show gets more interrest in "crazy stuff". It would be a shame if we would not manage to get something together.

I suggested to Roy that one would individual rooms available for Kit Makers Distributors etc., and a larger room for use as Lecture Theater, "Audio Concert" Auditorium and for a "Craftsmen" exhibition. To go with that there should be a Package deal for anyone whshing to book a Hotel Room for the days and attend both Shows. Roy feels this is easily possible and worthwhile doing.

Now, I got that particular Stone rolling, but have zip time to organise. So, if you are in the UK and feel that you would like to see such an Event organised, "Now is the time for every good man to come to the aid of their country...".

Ciao T

3DSonics, Oct 1, 2004
  2. 3DSonics

3DSonics away working hard on "it"

For anyone interested in either helping or exhibiting....

Hi,

For anyone interested in either helping or exhibiting I have created a yahoo group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/London-calling/

You need to subscribe to yahoo if you are not already (sorry 'bout that) and subscribe to the group. Any further discussions will be held there.

Ciao T

3DSonics, Oct 2, 2004
Ask a Question