Looking to buy a new cd recorder & dab radio tuner seperate

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by ali_x, Apr 28, 2008.

1. ali_x

ali_x

Hi again,

Thanks for everyone's comments on my other thread!.

Im currently looking to complete my hifi set up by purchasing a cd recorder and dab radio tuner.

After having a look on superfi, these are the models that appeal to me so far.

Tuners:

* Yamaha TX761
    * Denon TU1800 (seems to have heaps of praise from what hifi & hifi choice!)
    * Sony STSDE700
    * Pure (seperate) (Was interested in this brand last year, but never got round to buying one) (I don't think it had fm, but dab was more important)

Cd recorders:

(There's only 2 of them on the website)

* Yamaha CDRHD1500 (looks particularly interesting as it can store a large amound of uncompressed music internally on its hard drive)
    * Sony RCDW100 (the other one!/is much cheaper)

Any help/info is appreciated!:)D). Alex.

ali_x, Apr 28, 2008
  2. ali_x

peez

a second hand marantz dr17 for the recorder, and a s/h quad fm4 or sugden tuner would be my choices,

peez, Apr 28, 2008
  3. ali_x

ali_x

Is there anything on the market that can match up to the features of the Yamaha cdr?.

ali_x, Apr 29, 2008
  4. ali_x

ali_x

Also, since I can record from any external source on the Yamaha, I will be able to record mix cd's from my Technics decks and Numark mixer (and probably have to do some retakes).

ali_x, Apr 29, 2008
  5. ali_x

Dev Moderator

It seems like you've already decided on the Yamaha. I cannot comment on it because I've never used it. I have a Tascam pro unit that I was perfectly happy with, it even copies protected CDs I think. I say was because I cannot remember the last time I used it:). I don't make compilations any more, it's straight on to Squeezebox or iPod now.

Dev, Apr 29, 2008
Ask a Question