Mana Audio update

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Heuer, Oct 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heuer

Stereo Mic

Barnie please try to realistic rather than antagonistic. JW has the opportunity to address the concerns of Heuer and others either here, or by entering into private corresponance with the agrieved party.

As things stand he has chosen not to do so. This is very worrying and IMO does not send the message that all is well at Mana Mansions. Only a blinkered bafoon would surely think otherwise given these circumstances.

Stereo Mic, Oct 14, 2005
  2. Heuer

Bob McC living the life of Riley

quite

Bob McC, Oct 15, 2005
  3. Heuer

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Barnie,

ZG isnt as small as you make out. At the time of writing this, this thread has been read ten thousand four hundred and twenty three times.

Sure, a small number of people will have read the thread more than once, but that still leaves a very large figure.

Thousands of people read zerogain, and enjoy its content. Hopefully the fact that you're posting here means that you actually appreciate the place and enjoy it here too. If not, why post?

bottleneck, Oct 15, 2005
  4. Heuer

Robbo

He just wants to prove the point I made earlier about on-line Mana owners :)

Robbo, Oct 15, 2005
  5. Heuer

Mr Perceptive

Bottleneck

Don't delude yourself there are over 300 posts and at least 20 different posters, just 20 x 300 = 6000

Lord Summit

IMO you have already done so by allowing a lot of this thread to go un-moderated. You seem happy to police the outside world - ie speculative rumours about Mana, but not happy to moderate the forum.

I'm afraid that I for one am going to exercise this option, I've had some good times here and probably wouldn't have the system I have now without ZeroGain (Tom Alves is to blame with the Squeezebox), but IMO this forum has deterioated rapidly in the last couple of months with some large completely circular threads, a lot of in fighting and now this thread which does absolutely nothing to help the cause (Mana, 2 channel audio, ZeroGain or intelligent discussion)

A decent forum needs strong moderation otherwise it deteriorates.

Thanks for the good times, but I won't be posting here again.

Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive, Oct 15, 2005
  6. Heuer

lordsummit moderate mod

When you're a moderator you're damned if you do, and damned if you don't.......

lordsummit, Oct 15, 2005
  7. Heuer

Ian Wright

"When you're a moderator you're damned if you do, and damned if you don't......."

Indeed, it is a difficult job.

Perhaps sticking to the facts might have helped. Some of the more extreme comments have been moderated but there is a lot of conjecture which if people are reading it and believing it will be damaging for Mana. Taken to the extreme that is likely to result in Heuer et al not receiving anything which is not in anybodies interest.

Sticking to facts (and there are very few here) is what was required and hasn't happened.

Ian

Ian Wright, Oct 15, 2005
  8. Heuer

Ian Wright

"Quote:
    Originally Posted by lordsummit
    As I have said before if someone takes your money knowing full well they cannot provide what they have paid for that is fraud. "

As Barnie has alreadystated , you have no evidence for this.

"Quote:
    Originally Posted by lordsummit
    In this case I sought proof and found it. "

Again Barnie is correct. Company accounts from 2003 don't prove anything. Steps may have been taken to resolve issues raised in the 2003 accounts in 2004. I can't remember seeing people claim that stands were not being delivered in 2004 or for much of this year.

Ian

Ian Wright, Oct 15, 2005
  9. Heuer

Robbo

So why hasn't someone from Mana contacted Heuer and quietly resolved the outstanding issue with him, setting the record straight.

Surely this approach would have forestalled this entire thread and avoided all the negative PR for the company. Good customer service can save a company an awful lot of crap.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2005
    Robbo, Oct 15, 2005
  10. Heuer

Stereo Mic

Ian,

I think both you and Mr Perceptive are now in danger of coming across in the wrong light but just to stick to the facts..

FACT. HEUER PAID MANA ACOUSTICS FOR SOME GOODS MANY MONTHS AGO AND THOSE GOODS HAVE NOT MATERIALISED.

FACT. DESPITE REPEATED ATTEMPTS AT COMMUNICATION VIA TELEPHONE FAX AND EMAIL, MANA ACOUSTICS HAVE NOT ENTERED INTO DIALOGUE OF ANY KIND WITH THE AGRIEVED CLIENT

FACT. REPRESENTATIVES OF MANA ACOUSTICS HAVE CHOSEN NOT TO CONFIRM OR DENY RUMOURS OF THEIR INSOLVENCY POSTED ON ZEROGAIN DESPITE DIRECT OFFERS FROM THE MANAGEMENT OF THE RIGHT TO REPLY.

FACT. THE MOST RECENTLY PUBLISHED ACCOUNTS OF MANA ACOUSTICS HAVE GIVEN SOME EXPERIENCED HEADS CAUSE FOR CONCERN

FACT. HEUER, A CLIENT OF MANA ACOUSTICS, HAS STATED HERE THAT HE FEARS THE FAILURE TO SUPPLY IS INDICATIVE OF THE IMPENDING FAILURE OF THE COMPANY

FACT. ATTEMPTS TO OPEN DISCUSSION ON THIS SUBJECT AT THE MANUFACTURER'S OWN FORUM HAVE BEEN IMMEDIATELY DELETED WITHOUT PRIOR WARNING.

Now given all of the above, I personally would have said that some speculation was entirely understandable and indeed acceptable.

Stereo Mic, Oct 15, 2005
  11. Heuer

Ian Wright

"I think both you and Mr Perceptive are now in danger of coming across in the wrong light but just to stick to the facts.."

What light are we coming across in?

So why do we have 21 pages for those 4 facts?? That leaves a lot of noise and conjecture....

FTR, JW rarely reads any fora other than his own and doesn't post elsewhere, so he is not going to post on here.

Ian

Ian Wright, Oct 15, 2005
  12. Heuer

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

Issue a statement on his behalf then Ian.

Lets get this thing sorted.

garyi, Oct 15, 2005
  13. Heuer

Stereo Mic

Ian, it makes a change for a forum thread to be 21 pages long and contain facts don't you think!

Any internet forum is a chatroom. Any chatroom has conjecture. Mana could halt that conjecture by releasing an official statement via their own forum and supplying Heuer with his goods and an apology.

The fact that they have so far chosen not to do so is exactly why it is very much in the public interest for this thread to continue to run, and indeed for links to it to be available on other forae worldwide.

Stereo Mic, Oct 15, 2005
  14. Heuer

mick parry stroppy old git

Ian

Whatever the facts, there is simply no excuse for JW not contacting Huer. That is plain bad.

Regards

Mick

mick parry, Oct 15, 2005
  15. Heuer

Ian Wright

"Issue a statement on his behalf then Ian."

I have already stated that I don't work for Mana and therefore am unable to make a statement on their behalf. The only person that can do this is JW.

Ian

Ian Wright, Oct 15, 2005
  16. Heuer

Ian Wright

"Ian, it makes a change for a forum thread to be 21 pages long and contain facts don't you think!"

Sorry getting carried away there. I thought for a minute that internet fora contained facts!! Especially the very nerdy ones that I participate in!!

Ian

Ian Wright, Oct 15, 2005
  17. Heuer

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

Although not working for him Ian I have no doubt being the conscious human being you are have informed JW that this thread exists. I would imagine that JW incensed that another forum is spreading rumours has been quick to read through this thread and is preparing a statement as we type.

It is the only logical course of action.

garyi, Oct 15, 2005
  18. Heuer

Stereo Mic

Well this one does on occasion!

I would personally advise that you or someone in his confidence, speak to the director of Mana Acoustics and request an official response or resolution of Heuer's situation.

In the absense of such action on behalf of the company, I feel any impartial viewer is highly likely to reach only one conclusion.

Stereo Mic, Oct 15, 2005
  19. Heuer

Ian Wright

To summarise and clarify:

I agree that communication is what is required.

Ian

Ian Wright, Oct 15, 2005
  20. Heuer

Barnie

Mick, howabout the fact that Heuer has started legal proceedings against Mana.....

Barnie, Oct 15, 2005
Ask a Question