Maplins 69p /metre speaker cable

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by nsherin, Jun 19, 2004.

1. nsherin

nsherin In stereo nirvana...

Apologies for yet another cable thread! :eek:

Basically, I've just bought/built a new desk which has shelving above it. As I spend most of my time at this desk whilst using my hifi, I've decided it'll be ideal to move the speakers so that they are actually both in from of me - both are on the right hand side of me at the moment. Stands would be optimal, but I've no room for them.

However, the two 2m runs of QED Original cable will be too short for the proposed move - my amp is some distance away and due to the room layout, can't be moved closer. I know several members (pbirkett being one of them) use the 69p/metre stuff from Maplins. Is it any good and how does it compare to QED Original.

Thanks for any tips/adivce. Speakers are Mission m70's, amp is a Yamaha HTR5540RDS. ;)

nsherin, Jun 19, 2004
  2. nsherin

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

hi,

how thin is it?
    I know Maplins do a big thick chunky copper stranded cable on a reel for 19.99. (I think that gives you 1 x massive 20 foot length or something). Looked like good budget value to me.

bottleneck, Jun 20, 2004
  3. nsherin

BL21DE3 aka 'Lucky'

Hi, I've no idea about the Maplin cable but how long a run of QED Original do you need? I've got 2 runs of approx. 5 m of QED Original (bought when it was sold as QED Qudos) that are gathering dust as I upgraded to DNM Reson. If you're interested drop me a PM.

BL21DE3, Jun 20, 2004
  4. nsherin

nsherin In stereo nirvana...

BL21DE3 - thanks mate. You have PM!

nsherin, Jun 20, 2004
  5. nsherin

BL21DE3 aka 'Lucky'

Nsherin you have PM!

BL21DE3, Jun 21, 2004
Ask a Question