Mick Parry - an apology

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Robbo, Jan 10, 2004.

1. Robbo

Robbo

As some of the keener eyed forum members may have noticed, Mick and Mrs Mick were due to make the trip over from Swindon to sunny Bracknell today to have a listen to my system. This morning, Mr and Mrs Mick duly arrived at my house at the appointed hour. After a drink of coffee and a chat, we settled down to listen to some music.

As the Sarah Brightman CD was being eyed up ready for playing...... Thump! Everything went off. A quick check with the neighbours confirmed the worst - a power cut. We had not so much as heard a single note from the system. After a few minutes we decided to call it a day as there seemed to be no hope of a quick reconnection (The power eventually came back on at 8:30 this evening - 9 hours later)

So, apologies to Mick and Sue for the wasted journey. Its all terribly frustrating, but thats life. Is it fate perhaps?

Still, all was not lost as Mick invited me over to his place instead to hear his system with the CDS3 in pride of place, an offer that I was keen to accept. Suffice to say it is a big improvement over the CDS2 and we spent a very enjoyable few hours listening to a wide selection of music. I have to say, that whatever discs we threw at his system, it made great music. Thanks to Mick for his hospitality.

Cheers, Robbo

Robbo, Jan 10, 2004
  2. Robbo

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

How much did you pay the electric company to get out of the brightman situation?

garyi, Jan 10, 2004
  3. Robbo

Robbo

Gary,

That would be telling;)

Lets just keep it quiet - our little secret.

Robbo, Jan 10, 2004
  4. Robbo

mick parry stroppy old git

Robbo

There is no need for an apology, a power cut is down to the Electricty supllier.

Your system certainly looked good, so when we revisit in two weeks time, I am hoping that it will sound as good as it looked.

I am glad that you found the system a bit better now that the Briks are in phase.

Regards

Mick

mick parry, Jan 11, 2004
  5. Robbo

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Re: Robbo

Your system is on Briks?

Are you from Liverpool? :)

apologies to law abiding liverpuds :D

bottleneck, Jan 11, 2004
  6. Robbo

SimonConnell

Ooh, you live in Bracknell. I used to live there - which part do you live in?
    Simon

SimonConnell, Jan 11, 2004
  7. Robbo

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Based on what I heard from Robbo's system (a while ago now- back with the DPA stuff) it's very good at the PRaT thing as well as doing the round earth stuff - very impressive...

That's a real bummer re the electric though - has the stuff come back on song yet Robbo??

domfjbrown, Jan 12, 2004
Ask a Question