Monarchy Audio M22B Dac, silver finish

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Hamilton, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Hamilton

Hamilton

Excellent Burr-Brown PCM63P-K based dac. See http://www.monarchyaudio.com/

I really like the sound of this - firm and tuneful bass, musical as hell. It replaced a dac-64 in my set up and improved all aspects except perhaps the last ounce of detail. Co-ax, AES/EBU, and optical inputs, phono and XLR out. Only selling because I have 2 which is 1 more than I need! Very good condition - just one or two light marks on the case.

Can demo (East London). One went a while ago on e-bay for £425. I'll take £375 or near offer.

Cheers

Gordon

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2005
    Hamilton, Nov 14, 2005
  2. Hamilton

Effem Cable manufacturer

I have also got this DAC and I can confirm it's a real sweetie. To get that last ounce of detail you need to wire it with silver cables :cool:

It may not be the latest technology but I have been down the 24 bit 96/192khz route with about a dozen or more DACs before I settled with this one which also easily saw off a Wadia 12 DAC before it. For another $100 you can fit a second DAC chip 'piggy back' and the sound is said to improve even more.

Effem, Nov 14, 2005
  3. Hamilton

ListeningEar

...Mmm, if only I had the money!

If you check out the manufacturers web page immediately scroll right down to the bottom of the page if you want to turn of that damn aweful music they have on there.

ListeningEar, Nov 14, 2005
  4. Hamilton

Hamilton

Still available: £350 anyone? Pics available.

Cheers

Gordon

Hamilton, Nov 25, 2005
Ask a Question