Moving House, More Importantly Moving The Hi Fi !

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Levi_501, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Levi_501

Levi_501 Its in The Jeans...

I am moving tomorrow, the worst of which is moving my system.

Do I guess right that you all hate doing this ?

As it comes closer I am getting more and more nervous.

I, myself will be the only one decommissioning, moving and reinstating the system, but still makes me nervous, you never know what is going to happen, something out of my control !

Levi_501, Jun 30, 2006
  2. Levi_501

Matt F

The only thing I allowed the removal firm to touch was my speakers (as they were very well boxed). Everything else was moved by me in my car and didn't go into storage (for 3 weeks) with the rest of the house contents!

Matt.

Matt F, Jun 30, 2006
  3. Levi_501

Mr_Sukebe

I moved my stereo last weekend. Always a bit nerve wracking.
    As above, moved it all myself so that I get to take responsibility for any screw ups. The good news is that my new room doesn't suffer as much from bass humps due to the shape of the room.

Mr_Sukebe, Jun 30, 2006
  4. Levi_501

Tenson Moderator

I can't say I have any problem with moving it. I have carried most parts of it around London in a backpack before now!

I guess you are mostly TT users?

Tenson, Jun 30, 2006
  5. Levi_501

Will The Lucky One

I hate moving my kit, as a student though it gets moved more than average (I doubt many of you move twice or more in a year as I have done the past 2 years :p).

Sadly the last move has seen a small chip in the veneer of my speakers, a couple of rather obvious scratches on the amp, and the loss of the battery cover for my amp remote control :(. I always try to be extra careful, but being foolish and not keeping the boxes, sometimes all the care in the world doesn't seem to help.

Will, Jun 30, 2006
  6. Levi_501

johnhunt recidivist

we moved from a second floor flat a couple of years ago . i took everything but the speakers in the car and the removal men took them. i watched one of them carry one of my 55kg floor standers down 4 flights of winding stairs.

johnhunt, Jul 1, 2006
  7. Levi_501

All done, with only a slight miss hap, I missed my footing on a drain, and slightly grazed one of the amp.

It is not all the world, just anoying.

Setting up just takes for ever !

Levi_501, Jul 5, 2006
  8. Levi_501

mr cat Member of the month

argh...what a nightmare!!

I know what you mean about talking ages to set it up again - I recently got a new rack and had to set a side most of an evening to sort that out...

mr cat, Jul 5, 2006
  9. Levi_501

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

I made one special journey between houses to carry my hifi (not least because my hifi gets pretty close to the payload limit of my car). Managed not to knacker anything in the process, but it's always nerve racking... as for setting up, I'm still not done 18 months later...

I-S, Jul 5, 2006
  10. Levi_501

Goomer

I must be alone in thinking it's not worth worrying about too much, bearing in mind how badly everything will have been handled by any delivery firm before it gets to the shop that sells it, not to mention the vast distance that the majority of our electronics will have travelled to get to the UK (if that's where you are) in the first place.

Still, glad you got it moved relatively safely and are hopefully enjoying some music now, following set up, and also enjoying your new home.

Goomer, Jul 5, 2006
  11. Levi_501

Setting up just takes forever.

Three target wall shelves, one with an additional isolation platform.

2 600x600mm paving slabs to level up (rack and sub), 2 300x300mm paving slabs with spikes for the speakers, not to mention the 6 tier rack itself, plus all the plumbing in of the kit, oh nearly forgot the surround speakers !

There are on occasions I wished I had an iPod !

Levi_501, Jul 6, 2006
Ask a Question