Musical Fidelity MC4 speakers and custom stands

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Mr_Sukebe, Jan 11, 2004.

1. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

I've owned these rather large bookshelf speakers since new (1989) and they've done a brilliant job, only being superceeded by my Linn Kabers last year.

New they were £500 and received a best buy in Hi-Fi choice at the time.
    They are front ported, two way, using a metal dome and a plastic main driver (8" I believe). They're finished in black ash.
    I've dem'd them against a variety of other speakers including:
    - AE1s and Spendor SP1s,, which I bought them in preference to
    - Kef Cresta 3s and Mordant Short MS25is, both of which they destroyed
    - Castle Severn 2, Audio Note ANZs. Far closer, but I prefered the presentation on the MFs.

They are mounted using blutak on some custom built welded steel stands.
    The stands use 4" square rolled steel tubing for the main section, with 1/2" metal plates at either end. They are spiked on the bottom, and are sprayed in matt black. I sand filled them a number of years back making them completely inert (and they do NOT ring when you tap them), in addition, the stands alone weigh about 30kg each. I'm guessing that the stands would be more than a match for any shop bought stand upto say a Partington dreadnaught. Can't say that I've ever done a dem, but stands like the Atacama 74s look positively girly in comparison.

I will include 6m of bi-wired cable, I think it's monitor audio cable.

The speakers are in very good condition, with only minor surface marks.

I'm certainly more than happy to dem to anyone who wants to pop down.

I can't say I'm willing to post, just too damn heavy, so they will need to be collected from Canary Wharf area of London.

Price £200.

Any questions, please ask.

Mr_Sukebe, Jan 11, 2004
Ask a Question