NAD PP-2 or Pro-Ject Phono Box

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by nsherin, Jun 20, 2003.

1. nsherin

nsherin In stereo nirvana...

When I bought my Yamaha AV receiver, about a couple of months ago, I picked up a B-Tech phono stage from Richers to use my Pro-Ject Debut II turntable. However, I've never been impressed with the B-Tech - after all, it was only £20 and I'm thinking of a moderate uprade. So which one do I go for? The NAD PP-2 or the Pro-Ject Phono Box. Both are about £40, so it's just a case of picking the better of the two.

Cheers!

Neil

nsherin, Jun 20, 2003
  2. nsherin

ReJoyce ... Jason Hector that is.

<Blatant plug:>

In the next HiFi+ will be a review of the Project phono-box, along with lots of other anlaogue stuff

</Blatant plug>

This obviously won't answer the specific question at least you would have a feel for what the phono-box can do. I haven't heard the NAD stage for along time but the phono-box was very impressive at the price and gets a general recomendation from me.

Cheers

Jason

ReJoyce, Jun 20, 2003
  3. nsherin

sideshowbob Trisha

I've had the PP1 and the Phonobox in my time, and the Project just edged it. Haven't heard the PP2 though.

-- Ian

sideshowbob, Jun 20, 2003
  4. nsherin

nsherin In stereo nirvana...

Thanks for the advice - the Pro-Ject seems come higly recommended over at HFC too. I suspect it will be a nice match with my Debut II. Will likely pick one up tomorrow.

nsherin, Jun 20, 2003
  5. nsherin

timbo

Would agree with that, it makes you wonder what bits they use for onboard phono stages, as the project jobbie trashed the one in my old rotel amp.

timbo

timbo, Jun 20, 2003
Ask a Question