New chemical brothers release..

Discussion in 'General Music' started by bottleneck, Oct 25, 2003.

1. bottleneck

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

I want this BAAAAD!!!

CHEMICAL BROTHERS – SINGLES 93-03
    Singles 93-03 is the definitive best of collection from The Chemical Brothers. The package consists of singles released from the highly successful albums “Exit Planet Dustâ€Â, “Dig Your Own Holeâ€Â, “Surrender†and “Come With Us†as well as various EPs over the last ten years. Two brand new tracks are also included on the collection. The first is a collaboration with The Flaming Lips called “The Golden Pathâ€Â, and a track with Canadian rapper K-OS called “Get Yourself Highâ€Â. The collection comes as a fantastic box set of four individually sleeved LPs, accompanied by a poster which includes sleeve notes and recollections. Available now priced £33.

bottleneck, Oct 25, 2003
  2. bottleneck

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Vinyl version for £29.99 from 101cd.com

Also, if anyone's looking to get this on cd, be aware there's two versions. 1 cd and a 2 cd version.

MO!, Oct 25, 2003
  3. bottleneck

julian2002 Muper Soderator

double damn.... 1st my hopes were raised by the prospect of a new chem's album, when it's a best of. 2nd the additional raising of hopes at the mention of new tracks at least only to learn that they are collaborating with the fetid flaming lips. just as bad as seeing a chems remix album in mvc a while ago, thinking, again, it was a new one. only to check out the track list and see about 70 remixes of come with us on it. very rob zombie.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Oct 26, 2003
  4. bottleneck

mr cat Member of the month

its also out on DVD..? whats that like..?

ta.

mr cat, Oct 27, 2003
  5. bottleneck

technobear Ursine Audiophile

If you want the best of the Chemical Brothers, just buy Exit Planet Dust as nothing they've done since comes close.

technobear, Oct 28, 2003
  6. bottleneck

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I bought Exit Planet Dust back when I was about 15 and it's still my fav' of their albums. Dig your own hole's anoter fav. and i've been giving the other albums a go too. I dismissed them at first as a bit too poppy, but there's some quality tunes on them.

I had my copy of live at the social "borrowed" a few years back. Will need to replace that soon (along with about 50 other cds)

MO :D

MO!, Oct 28, 2003
  7. bottleneck

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Ive got ''dig your own hole'' on now :) cool bananas!

NB MO - Ive ordered 'lamb' by 'lamb' - hope youre right dude!!

Then I guess a few holes in the collection to fill... I thought..

1) Innervision - Stevie Wonder
    2) Lemon Jelly
    3) Exit Planet Dust (I know I should have it but I dont)
    4) Crystal Method - but which one?

Someone nicked my copy of Elbow 'asleep in the back' so I'll have to buy it again. :mad: dont you hate it when that happens?!?! hope he/she gets warts on his/her arse.

Also quite fancy 'infected mushroom' (is that the right name?) but dont know which to get, and if its all that good.??

bottleneck, Oct 31, 2003
  8. bottleneck

Zoomer

I've almost shelled out for this twice now but stopped its still one I want to get, although i already have a few chemical brothers albums including 'Exit Planet Dust' but i'v heard the golden path a few times and thats enought o get the album on its own.

i'm sure my wallet will find its self short of the cash soon.

Zoomer, Oct 31, 2003
  9. bottleneck

julian2002 Muper Soderator

infected mushroom either the gathering or bp empire. my personal fave is the gathering but bp is just as good not much in it really. but be prepared it's a lot faster than the chem's stuff.
    if you are moving more towards the psy trance stuff check out cosmosis and astral projection too.
    for other breakbeat stuff check out the propeller heads.
    do you have the chem's - brothers gonna work it out? a very laid back chilled out mix of their stuff. reminds me of klf;s classic - chill out.
    chris, if yoiu want to have a listen you're more than welcome to pop over some time although you'll have to slum it with cd :D.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Oct 31, 2003
  10. bottleneck

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Well I hopes so too! One of my all time fav's! :D Have you heard any of their stuff? The Debut album is deffo the best! The beats are absolutely spot on! I hope you like it :D My girlfriend finds her voice a bit irritaitng. Each to their own. I think it's top banana and set off the tunes perfectly! Play it loud!!!

Julian how'd you get along with it?

Oh, and as for "1) Innervision - Stevie Wonder", Another damn fine album!!!

MO!, Nov 3, 2003
  11. bottleneck

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

My grip with CB is their appauling recording quality. Really there is no excuse for it.

garyi, Nov 20, 2003
Ask a Question