New Glenn Hughes album

Discussion in 'General Music' started by badchamp, Mar 22, 2005.

1. badchamp

badchamp Thermionic Member

Hey, how did this one sneak out without being noticed ?

Stumbled across "Soul Mover" in HMV the other day.

First couple of listens, kind of Stormbringer/ Come Taste the Band for 2005 ! More soulfull, not as heavy as last couple of albums, some excellent stuff.

Can never understand why his recent (last 8 ish years) solo stuff hasn't been more popular.

On the slip case - Feb tour dates. Very useful in March :D

Obviously our Glenn doesn't believe in too much publicity so folks- check the albums out you won't regret it.

badchamp, Mar 22, 2005
  2. badchamp

Goomer

In case you're interested, he'll be doing some more shows later on in the year with Tony Iommi to promote an album they've recorded together. He's also doing a festival in Sweden sometime fairly soon (check his website for date) and (sshh, it's a secret) Chad Smith from the Chili Peppers will be occupying the drum stool. Chad was supposed to be doing the whole UK tour initially, then just the London gig, but eventually none because of commitments (read objections) with the Chili's.

I saw him at the London show and he was very good. I went with my brother who has always been a massive fan(more so than I) and have to say that he was excellent, so go and see him if and when he returns later in the year with Tony Iommi.

Hope that's of interest,

Chris.

whose brother's Vistalite drum kit is currently on tour with Glenn Hughes around Europe.

Goomer, Mar 23, 2005
Ask a Question