New Neat Momentum standmout speakers

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Jimbo, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo

Popped into Castle Audio in Nottingham today to see what they had as i am looking for new speakers to replace my Epos ES11's. The young chap there really liked these and recommended them. As he was on his own he kindly shut shop so i could have a quick 5 min. demo.

From the first hearing i thought these were very nice, and neutral sounding. Nothing stood out, they just seemed to gell the sounds nicely together. Wide soundstage and lovely imaging. A little lispiness in the top end but i would assume this was due to them only having a few hours on them. The drums sounded very tight and not overblown without any boominess. With the isobaric internal driver i bet these could turn out some serious bass for a speaker only slightly larger than my Epos's. These will certainly be a concideration for me, but they do cost £1750, ouch. Hope this is of help and has anyone else heard them? Jim.

Jimbo, Jul 7, 2007
  2. Jimbo

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

bottleneck, Jul 7, 2007
Ask a Question