New range from Seventh Veil

Discussion in 'Trade Adverts and Discussion' started by 7_V, Dec 6, 2005.

1. 7_V

7_V I want a Linn - in a DB9

After some years in development, the new Nonsuch 2 range is nearing completion. We plan to launch it at the Northern Sound & Vision Show - Manchester 28-29 January 2006.

I'll be happy to answer any questions on this thread. In the meantime, please visit our 'Advanced Information' page.

Cheers

7_V, Dec 6, 2005
  2. 7_V

T-bone Sanchez

So these are available in passive and active forms??

T-bone Sanchez, Dec 6, 2005
  3. 7_V

The new Little Awesome bass speakers are supplied with power amplifiers included and the distributed mode (flat) panels come with Class T amplifiers.

However, the customer will always choose what amplifier he or she prefers for the main Nonsuch 2 speakers. I wouldn't presume to choose for them in this most important area.

Is that what you meant?

PS: I have linked the 'Advanced Information' page so that it can be easily found from my web site.

7_V, Dec 6, 2005
  4. 7_V

robert_cyrus

they look fantastic! best wishes for future sales.

robert_cyrus, Dec 6, 2005
  5. 7_V

Tenson Moderator

Steve, are you disappointed that you could not release them in time for Christmas? I only ask because my own stuff will probably be released around the same time as yours (late Jan, Feb) and I can't help but think I must be missing quite a few sales for the Christmas period.

How long in advance do you have to book a room at the Hi-Fi show? I'm guessing if my stuff was ready around then, that I couldn't just book a room within a few weeks of the show.

I like the look of your speakers! I am interested tyo hear how this 'layered sound'... sounds!

Tenson, Dec 6, 2005
  6. 7_V

Yes, I am a little disappointed actually. However, I was determined not to start prototyping until both Darren (the aesthetics designer) and I felt that the look and concept were really right. Now we're both happy.

Having signed off the designs we had to convert the drawings to 3D modelling packages, carefully consider all aspects of production feasibility and put everything out to tender to the modelling and tooling companies. This whole process took longer than I'd hoped and the delivery times for the tooling are also further out than I'd originally planned.

Still, you've got to remember: "A speaker is for life, not just for Christmas."

Cheers
    Steve

PS: Phone the show organisers. You never know.
    PPS: Robert, thanks. You're very kind.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2005
    7_V, Dec 6, 2005
  7. 7_V

Tenson Moderator

I know how you feel then Steve, it sounds like I'm going through the exact same thing. Arranging the most feasible way to get things built is a much longer process than I originally expected. Damn people take a long time to give me back quotes! Then you find that method might not really be the best one after all ;) lol. Well I am thankful to know I'm not the only one :) Getting packaging sorted out for me has also been a bigger struggle than I thought.

Anyway back to your speakers! I hope you sell lots and lots! A speaker only lasts until you bring out the next model then everyone will want to upgrade to it ;)

Tenson, Dec 6, 2005
  8. 7_V

lAmBoY Lothario and Libertine

steve - very nice indeed. good luck with them //craig

lAmBoY, Dec 8, 2005
  9. 7_V

Guys, unfortunately with brand new drive units, enclosure design and materials and new manufacturing techniques requiring a new workshop facility we have been unable to complete the new Nonsuch 2 system in time for the Manchester show.

Still, we'll be exhibiting the excellent Nonsuch 4 system and we've managed to blag some Soul valve amplification from Anthony Matthews with the matching Soul Mate preamplifier. Tony and the Coherent team will be turning up and tuning in so, all in all, I'm sure we'll have a room worth visiting.

I look forward to seeing you for a listen and a chat.

Cheers
    Steve

7_V, Jan 19, 2006
  10. 7_V

Coda II getting there slowly

Steve - Bristol?

Coda II, Jan 20, 2006
  11. 7_V

Markus S Trade

You should be looking forward to hard-sell your speakers to everyone who so much as takes a look at the room from the outside.

Markus S, Jan 20, 2006
  12. 7_V

:)

I won't be taking orders for the Nonsuch 4 range that I'm demonstrating but I will be happy to take advanced orders for the forthcoming Nonsuch 2. I'm sure we will achieve a very good sound in the room and, as the new speaker is better sounding and less expensive, who knows?

Tim de Paravicini (of EAR) once told me that he'd never sold an amplifier at a show in 30 years of exhibiting.

Cheers
    Steve

PS: Bristol's starting to look less likely, Coda II. We could make the 'Heathrow High Fidelity Show' at the Park Inn on 1st-2nd April.

7_V, Jan 20, 2006
  13. 7_V

lordsummit moderate mod

I'll look forward to seeing you at Manchester Steve. The speakers are looking great now. It's funny how it works out, but I've always fancied having a listen to the Nonsuch 4's. You must be gutted not to have made the launch though.
    Good luck anyhow

lordsummit, Jan 20, 2006
  14. 7_V

Uncle Ants In Recordeo Speramus

Hi Steve,

Shame we won't get to hear the new models. Will you be demming the new flat panels with the 4s anyway? I saw the new ones on your site. Veerrryy nice I must say. Do they come in finishes other than the dark metallic grey?

Deep metallic red ... with one o them new Funk tables to match ... nice!!!

steves-speaker.jpg

Uncle Ants, Jan 23, 2006
  15. 7_V

:D :D

Current plans are to offer a basic colour choice of silver, black or grey in a high gloss finish. This is to match the home theatre thing. However, we can also offer 'deep metallic red', pink, BMW blue or whatever, for a small extra cost.

No, we won't be demming the new flat panels as they are designed specifically to match (+/- 1.5dB) the Nonsuch 2 with its brand new drive units. Anyway, the Nonsuch 4 wasn't designed for them and I don't want to minimize the impact of the forthcoming launch.

Cheers
    Steve

7_V, Jan 25, 2006
  16. 7_V

technobear Ursine Audiophile

:cry:

technobear, Jan 25, 2006
Ask a Question