New ring

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by specialk, Aug 7, 2004.

1. specialk

specialk Luna-tic

Please accept my apologies now if this is a duplication of previous threads.....

I have the opportunity to put in a dedicated ring for the hi-fi. There is a spare fuse on the fuse box and the lounge is having some building works....

So, the brief to the electrician has been pretty high level - "new ring, six MK switchless sockets" based on conversations I had many years ago.

My questions to you good folks are:

1. Any cable recommendations ?

2. Switchless MKs still worth having or are there better options ?

Many thanks

specialk, Aug 7, 2004
  2. specialk

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Specialk, you've not had much help here so far it seems. Perhaps try posting this in the main hifi part of the forum for MOre chance of a reply. Perhaps one of the MOd's could shift it for you???

As you say this has been discussed a few times so also try using the forums search features too.

Good luck

MO :)

MO!, Aug 16, 2004
  3. specialk

specialk Luna-tic

Thanks for watching MO.

After posting I realised this has been discussed in great length and depth already, so wasn't really expecting much of a response.

Like you say, seek and ye shall find !

specialk, Aug 16, 2004
  4. specialk

kermit still dreaming.......

What kit you using specialk?
    If your using Naim , then there,s loads over at the Naim forum , although they advocate spurs rather than ring .
    I,m not too sure how far you want to take this upgrade .The consensus seems to be that you should actually have a new fuse box installed before the existing one .
    I,m not too sure how much of an improvement installing a ring into your existing fuse box will be .
    The Naim guys also like using 10mm2 cable , but they are using spurs .
    Might still be worth a browse over there just to get an idea of how far it can be taken .
    I suppose it,s down to how anal you want to get with it :eek:

kermit, Aug 16, 2004
Ask a Question