NVA amps

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by rockhopper, Jul 5, 2006.

1. rockhopper

RobHolt Moderator

He's the first ever to go on my ignore list Ian, and I take threats to 'pursue me' as stalking.

I've amended the wording and that's all I'm going to do, aside from selling his cables as I'll have nothing to do with him or his products in future.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2006
    RobHolt, Jul 30, 2006
  2. rockhopper

melorib Lowrider

I quit several forums, including this one, because os slender like this, some people simply say you are a liar if your opinion is different from theirs, if I was in the business I would do exactely as Richard... :clint:

melorib, Jul 30, 2006
  3. rockhopper

sideshowbob Trisha

Yes, I should have realised some people are a bit slow and would think my idea of getting a judge to decide who had the best system in the universe was serious.

In normal life, if someone debates with me in the way Richard debates in this thread, I either have an argument with them or I ignore them. I may even call them an arrogant arsehole if I think that's how they're acting. So, I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary here.

If you directly called me a fraud (and Rob didn't directly call Richard a fraud, although possibly his original wording could be read to imply it) I certainly wouldn't threaten to sue. I doubt most people would. Might be a bit annoyed, but few people are so sensitive as to threaten legal redress for minor fallings-out on a forum. It shows a touchiness and lack of perspective. I would also point out that at the start of this thread both Rob and me were fans of NVA, so perhaps this approach to potential customers isn't likely to be very successful. I know a few very opinionated audio designers who are absolutely certain that their particular way of doing things is the correct way, who make very good sounding equipment, but who are quite capable of debating with others without constantly suggesting that if anyone disagrees it's because they lack imagination or intelligence.

I think you were trying to say "insufficiently eloquent as to be unable to express yourself without resort to such inflammatory language.... go and post elsewhere". It ill-behoves someone with such poor spelling and grammar to comment on the written eloquence of others. As for telling me to post elsewhere, I'll post where I like.

-- Ian

sideshowbob, Jul 30, 2006
  4. rockhopper

Mr Perceptive

Its threads like this that make me question why do I read or post on ZeroGain, I've only just returned after several months away after the 'Mana' - the product, the man, the company debate.

Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive, Jul 30, 2006
  5. rockhopper

RobHolt Moderator

Indeed.

This has all become allarmingly stupid.

Therefore:

I completely withdraw my comments regarding Richard Dunn, his products, and anything related to the effects of ferrous objects on his equipment. I respect his opinions on the issue and apologise for any offence to him and anyone else here that my comments might have caused.

I would urge anyone reading to try Richards's products for themselves, safe in the knowledge that they are designed by a true master of his craft.

More information on the product, the philosophy and the man can be found here:

http://electronics.search.ebay.co.uk/NVA_Consumer-Electronics_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8QQsacatZ293

RobHolt, Jul 30, 2006
  6. rockhopper

eisenach

Seems to me as if we could all do with settling down and listening to some music! Of course, Bach's best. (No emoticon necessary.)

eisenach, Jul 30, 2006
  7. rockhopper

Richard Dunn

Apology accepted!

Richard

Richard Dunn, Jul 30, 2006
  8. rockhopper

Garrardman

Moderated post
    Can I remind members that discussion or mention of Resolution or any other pseudonym of these speakers is not permitted due to threats of legal action by their manufacturer. Thanks

Sorry Garrardman I'm sure you meant no harm:D

Lordsummit

Garrardman, Jul 31, 2006
  9. rockhopper

julian2002 Muper Soderator

imho anyone who takes anything anyone says on an internet forum at face value is a git.

julian2002, Jul 31, 2006
  10. rockhopper

mr cat Member of the month

have you placed an order yet..? :D

mr cat, Jul 31, 2006
  11. rockhopper

rockhopper

:lol: see pm

rockhopper, Aug 1, 2006
  12. rockhopper

eisenach

I've just received a set of LS3 cables configured for bi-amping. They went in this morning, and so far I'm very pleased. They're replacing Chord Legends. There seems more space and delicacy, less "noise", if you know what I mean, and, what I was particularly after, deeper bass. The 5pm radio 4 news is the first listening break I've taken all day!

eisenach, Aug 12, 2006
  13. rockhopper

rick

ive had the ap20 then the ap35 and also the pre/power of the time (cant remember the serial numbers). in a word, superb! never a hint of a problem, i mainly used them with royd speakers and the combination kept me happy for years. very open sound with plenty of power from what seems like a small box. the dedicated cables (ls1 and soundpipe) were good too.
    if this is the same gear as was being produced in the late 80's up to mid 90's its a fine stable of products indeed and well worth the money. they also used to do a thing where you could upgrade your existing piece of kit for a new one and nva would give you a very good deal on your old stuff (not sure if it was full value?) if your buying one im sure you will like it.

rick, Aug 12, 2006
  14. rockhopper

Richard Dunn

Anything you can make public?

All I can say is they haven't come back yet! ebay feedback was positive.

Richard

Richard Dunn, Aug 13, 2006
  15. rockhopper

joebow

A closed mind, very often takes refuge in abuse.
    Joe

joebow, May 24, 2009
Ask a Question